S

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, March 24th, 2023 11:45 PM

Closed

is xfinity accounts been hacked?

​Hi Team,​

​I have received a call this morning from someone claiming to be xfinity customer care saying that your offer on xfinity internet is about to expire and gave me callback number to call. when i called them they had my information like bill amount , card on file and my address.  I had a long talk with them and when i asked them lot of question they were able to pay my recent bill, when i told them it's scam they told me there will be consequences as they have info and they can charge my card and all. They even did charge my card to threaten me using xfinity. somehow they have access to accounts and they can make advance payments which will come to your account balance. it seems Xfinity account are compromised in some data breach which nobody knows, I spoke with xfinity customer care they confirmed that there are several similar complaints. i want answres to below questions:-​

​1. are accounts been compromised, if not how they have access to accounts?​

​2. what is xfinity doing to resolve this issue?​

​3. thousands of people are getting scammed, i feel xfinity is responsible because you should have informed users if there was a data breach, is xfinity willing to pay scammed customers?​

​4. What about customers time, they have to spend to get this fixed?​

​quick fix for users looking for safeguard your account :-​

​1. Change your password immediately​

​2. Enable two factor authentication using mobile number and email. do not use using xfinity app scammers may already logged into your account using app.​

​Scheme :- When you callback that number, they will tell you that they are from xfinity and currently your promotion is about to expire and we have a new promotion that will give you very low rates like for me they told me that you have to pay $50 for internet and mobil line also you will get 1 free line + you will get iphone 14 pro max for free if you make a 1 time payment of $1500 for lifetime contract, for three years you have to pay $600. Also they will tell you to make payment using target gift card as xfinity tied up with target to run this promotion. they will tell you where you can buy it blah blah also they will know your bill amount and other details. to gain your trust they will pay your bill amount and it becomes zero, i am not sure how they are doing it.  if you ask them where they are calling from they will tell you they are calling from head office philadelphia.​

​beware black these numbers (stars and space so that number won't get removed​

​I got call from this number(scammers number) :-​

[Edited: "Personal Information"]

​Callback number scammers gave me:-​

[Edited: "Personal Information"]

​callback number from scammers to take target payment:- they even give you code so that they can track who was the represenatative who scammed customer:-​

​[Edited: "Personal Information"]

​code :- Target-[Edited: "Personal Information"]

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

Thanks for reaching out @shrikant7t! Please reach out to CSA Immediately if you haven't already. They are our fraud department and will put a stop to anyone using your account against you. That goes for anyone here. The info to the Comcast Security Team is as followed.

CSA (Fraud Dept/Comcast Security Team)
P: 1-888-565-4329
E: abuse@comcast.net 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I have tried calling customer care they connected me to security department, they told me that they will call me but there is no call even after 4-5 hours?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Those are questions that only CSA can answer. Once you do get a hold of them they'll be able to answer all of your questions as well as put a stop to this for you. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

I would definitely keep trying as they are the only team that have the tools to help. I'd also try emailing them as well with what you've posted here, if you haven't already. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I have emailed them as well, waiting for the reponse.  and i have already taken steps to save my account but the issue is why this has happened? why is my information public? why i was not informed if there was a data breach?

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

1 year ago

If you have gotten a call claiming to be from Comcast asking you to buy gift cards or paying upfront for six months or more in exchange for 50% off your bill the FTC is well aware of this scam.  If you get a call like this you can report it to:     https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/
Please help to stop the spread of this kind of fraud.
Thanks!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

11 months ago

Thanks for making your $61.95 payment to Xfinity! Your confirmation number is [Edited: "Personal Information"].

To review your bill and payment details, sign up for automatic payments or paperless billing, you can go here: https://t.xfin.me/EC61626p

TxtHelpOrStop
Msg&DataRatesMayApply

This is the text message I received from the scammer. 

(edited)

1 Message

10 months ago

I received an exact same call yesterday. The scammer had all my account details. And he made payments and changes to my xfinity account. I have notified your csa department

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@user_27057d​ 

If you have gotten a call claiming to be from Comcast asking you to buy gift cards or paying upfront for six months or more in exchange for 50% off your bill the FTC is well aware of this scam.  If you get a call like this you can report it to:     https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/
If the scam involves Target gift cards call the Target GiftCard Services at 1 (800) 544-2943 and follow the instructions provided.
More information can be found here.
Thanks!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

1 Message

9 months ago

Dear Xfinity Security Team,

Yes. The scam is going on and I also contacted thru a phone call. I didn't pay anything, but please refer my experience below:

Received a call from [Edited: "Personal Information"] , as it was an unknown number I didn't answer, but a voicemail left was saying that "this call is to remind you that 50% discount offer on your Comcast Xfinity account expires today, in order to avail the discount please call back at [Edited: "Personal Information"] from 8am to 5pm PST. Thank you.
Then I called after 2-3 hrs, spoke to an agent. He put me on hold to verify my phone number associated with my Xfinity account and said that we have an exceptional offer with 50% off on your current Xfinity bill for next 3 years if I pay 20 months bill up front + they will give the Xfinity modem for free for 3 yrs. He again put me on hold to waive off this Sep month due as well. I was bit cautious and felt this may be a scam call and I disconnected the call.
I didn't received the call back, but the September bill was paid by a new bank account which was not mine. Once I received the notification, I immediately removed my auto-pay account details and changed my Xfinity account password.
I am still worried, if something will happened even after I did remove my auto-pay details and changed my password. 

Please consider this and found some people are already scammed when I googled. Do some action to prevent this.

Thanks a lot.

(edited)

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@user_225d53​ 

The FTC also has a great webpage on Scams.  Please check it out as well.
Thanks!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here