U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, January 19th, 2024 5:40 PM

Closed

Is this spam? Got a text message from xfinity assistant

Hi, I got this text message. Is this legitimate?

"Hi (my first name), it's Xfinity Assistant.

We've identified an issue that may affect your Xfinity Internet and Video services at (my home address) A technician will need access to your home to fix the issue.

Please schedule a free technician appointment.

1 - Yes, let's schedule

2 - Not right now

Txt help or stop

Msg&DataRatesMayApply

The reason why I am asking is , person showed up and verified cable and main box on the street ans said, they need to replace the cable from my house to main box. So construction team will show up next Friday. But no one showed up. I tried to call that person , it's going to voice mail. 

Can someone please clarify on this. Bit of nervous after seeing some data breaches recently. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

9 months ago

Hey there @user_28cf19. I completely understand your hesitation with not knowing if this is real or not. We can take a closer look and see if there is anything on your account that indicates you needing new equipment. Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityWilliam​ where can isee direct message icon? 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityWilliam​ I sent direct message with the above message. 

2 Messages

8 months ago

Received the same text message about an hour ago.

Please advise.

Official Employee

• 

510 Messages

Good morning @nib56. We understand wanting to make sure that is a legit message from us. When you have a moment, please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address and we can further investigate.

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

I just received this message one hour ago.  I called  xfinity.  The technician checked everyone his end and saw no issues with my service.   I  also have had no issues with my service.  Xfinity needs to look into this matter immediately. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Our team can help. stevenjs62, can you please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

7 months ago

I've also received like a few messages like this.

What does the "direct message" icon look like on the website?? 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

After doing DM with xfinity employee, they confirmed its a legitimate.  But that site manager came and said their construction team will be at my home in a week. But didn't show up so far. 

If you have really an issue with your internet, then call xfinity directly and resolve it. Just ignore the email that you got it. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

7 months ago

I just got the same message too. How can I get a better details of what the issue is exactly?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @Error404. We have been reaching out to customers when we detect issues with their network or on the premises. You can follow up via the text, or you can reach out over the phone where the automated system will prompt you to schedule a tech as well. 

1 Message

6 months ago

I too received similar texts and emails. Online everything looks good and I even called and rep said everything is fine. I'm wondering if they want to sell us new equipment!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_oigld5​ 

I just got this text, and my internet is working. I suspect its them wanting to install new equipment that I'll have to pay for on a monthly basis (I use my own cable modem and router)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_81ce6d  We have been reaching out to customers when we detect issues with their network or on the premises. You can follow up via the text, or you can reach out over the phone where the automated system will prompt you to schedule a tech as well. 

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 months ago

I received the exact same message.  I went to the local Xfinity office and they told me it must not have been legitimate. The problem is, it is imbedded with legitimate Xfinity texts under the same Verizon short code. I tested my network and TV today and it was all normal.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

ccid3252011 If you receive a message that would normally not apply to you wether it be a change in service, issues with services or any change you didn't make yourself, it is best to err on the side of caution and not click on any links that you do not trust. If you have any concerns to what you received being legitimate, you can always reach out to us so that we can double-check your account to see if we see any reason why we would have reached out to you.

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

I am extremely cautious about things like this, especially when my local Comcast Store seems equally suspicious about it. If legitimate, they should have provided a call back number so I could get the details on what these issue actually were. I have never scheduled an appointment when I had no idea of the reason for it  Since I have had no known issues, I will double check with Xfinity support to find out if they are aware of any particular issues that I may have on my system. The word may simply not have reached the local office.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

ccid3252011, That sounds like a good plan. We are here if you need us. 

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityAngie​ I have verified that text message was legitimate. It's about external wiring to cable system. To be honest, the message was too vague, so a lot of customers were confused as to its authenticity. They should have simply stated what the issue was, up front, and kept the customer service folks at local Comcast office informed.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

ccid3252011 Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate you letting us know the outcome.

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 months ago

The Xfinity tech came to my house in response to this text message, and trouble-shot my outside cable connection.  The issue was an old splitter that had been damaged by 30+ years of moisture. The service was prompt, as I made the appointment this morning and the technician showed up on time and got the job done quickly.  I had no performance problems prior to this, but the splitter was the weak link in the chain and needed replacement.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@ccid3252011 We are happy to hear we were able to get to you quickly. We also appreciate our awesome techs and their ability to find and repair your service. Thanks again for sharing.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here