U

29 Messages

Wednesday, September 27th, 2023 11:50 AM

Closed

IP address temporarily black listed

How to get my IP address to not be black listed?

Expert

• 

106.4K Messages

1 year ago

The concern is not "Community Center" help related. Topic moved here to the proper help section, and for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

@user_76ae15 Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. Do you know where your IP address may be blocked? Typically, you would need to reach out to the company that may have blocked you to see if they can remove that. It's not entirely common, but we have heard it happening in the video game landscape.

29 Messages

This issue is happening when attempting to get my comcast.net email using Outlook.  the error message I get is that my IP address is temporarily blacklisted.  I've not found any way to contact Xfinity or comcast to get this resolved.  I have access to my email if I use a different IP address, like turning off my wifi connection, and using the cell service instead.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Ok! Sounds good, if you're still having issues after speaking with our CSA Team, please feel free to come back to us here. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Do you happen to have an antivirus program like Norton running? You may want to try turning that off (for now) to see if that error goes away. If that still doesn't work, you may need to contact our Customer Security Assurance Team at (888)-565-4329. If your IP address has been flagged for any reason, they would be able to give you additional insight and clear that up for you.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 year ago

How to get my IP address to not be black listed?

Are you using a VPN or Starlink? We need help from @XfinityAlex or @XfinityDaveL.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

29 Messages

1 year ago

Hi Bruce,  I've been using Reply.  I posted a picture of the error I get.  It started 3 days ago. I've been using the on-line portal to access my email.  There is no VPN or Starlink, just a simple fiber internet connection.  Nothing is blocked, all updates are done, and this issue happens on 3 different Windows 10 computers.  A CAD work station, and laptop, and a primary computer used for answering emails etc.  Needless to say, it is quite frustrating.  I spent 2 hours on the phone yesterday with comcast but no solution.  It makes no sense that this just suddenly happens.  From what I've seen in other people's posts, this isn't the first time this has happened.

I've asked my ISP to give me a new IP address, but they have not done so yet.  Seems everyone just wants to read from scripts, with little to no knowledge of the systems they are working for.  It's not their fault, and I always treat everyone with respect, but it is frustrating.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@user_76ae15 Have you tried to release and renew your IP address? https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/releasing-and-renewing-ip-address 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

29 Messages

I've tried all the fixes, including renewing the IP address.  Keep in mind, all non-comcast email works fine in Outlook.  this also has issues on my cell phone when connected to the house wifi network.  It also occurs on 3 different computers and 2 iphones, 2 ipads.  If I can get my ISP to allow a new external IP address I think it may start working again.  But so far, they have not responded either.

Keep in mind, I have full access to the internet, all non-comcast emails work.  The phones and computers all work when place the entire house on a hotspot to my cellular network.  It only happens when I connect via the fiber internet connection.  All setups are correct.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Thank you for that update. I would reach back out to our CSA team by calling 1-888-565-4329, you can also reach that team by email at abuse@comcast.net. 

29 Messages

1 year ago

XfinityDena,  Thanks, but I spent 2 hours on the phone with them yesterday, and no help.  I am thinking of actually trying to use a VPN, instead of not using one.  Sadly, it would require using "yet another app", to do normal routine work.  Even did a search on the error codes without much help.  Seems the error code itself is somewhat generic, so what can I do.  To be honest, spending so many hours on something like this is beyond frustrating.  It's likely easier to just move to another email service and go through all of the issues of updating everyone.  Yet another real hassle.

so many others have written in with the same problem, and it just mysteriously goes away.  But I really don't want to think it could return in the middle of a major project.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hi @user_76ae15 I’m sorry to hear you're still having an issue with your email using Outlook on your pcs and the mail app on your iPhone. I am very interested in what CSA had to say as this is typically within their scope of support. I have a link that has our email errors from our help and support site.  https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-errors. I would like to dig deeper into this for you. Can you please direct message me your first and last name along with your full service address so that I can assist you further?
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message  

29 Messages

1 year ago

Well, my email suddenly started working again.  Not really sure why, as nothing has changed on any computer, and my external IP address is still the same. It seems this issue happens to others as well.  No idea why they may be in comcast email prison for a while.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here