M

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, December 11th, 2022 2:56 AM

Closed

internet essentials

I have been trying to apply for internet essentials for several  months now and after talking to several customer Service agents I am being told there is smoking of block or error on my account and to call customer service again . as I do and I go throw the same steps all over again. with no results

Expert

• 

104.4K Messages

2 years ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

2 years ago

Hello @mylissaht. Sorry for the experience you're having when trying to sign up for our Internet Essentials service. I can understand how frustrating this must be, and want to make sure you're reaching the correct team to help get this taken care of. When trying to sign up for Internet Essentials, is this the number you're calling, 1-855-846-8376? They can be reached from 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM ET, seven days a week.

You can also apply online here: www.InternetEssentials.com or www.InternetEssentials.com/es (Spanish language). 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Hello, thank you for replying. Yes, this is the correct number that I have been calling. And I have a tried to apply online through the link you provided but it says error.  I gave it a shot one more time and just got off the phone with a customer rep. The woman told me that because I have an outstanding bill and because I am a current customer I am not eligible. here on the Xfinity website one requirement is that you are not an existing customer, but right under that it says “the requirement is being waived if you are approved for ACP” which I am. The last requirement is that you have no outstanding debt to Comcast less than when year old and underneath that it says that “we are waving this qualification if you are approved by December 31. “  again thank you so much for helping with this, I do have a past due balance , and before the pandemic, my package and the monthly payments were not problem. However, now with my husband losing his job due to COVID-19, we haven’t had any extra money to pay this debt off. However, my kids are homeschooled and I still do need the Internet, so I am trying to find a solution to continue my Internet and not create a larger bill. Which is the reason for downgrading our package .again thank you very much for your help 

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

I appreciate you interest in our Internet Essentials program. I do apologize as the only our awesome Internet Essentials team at the number provided would be able to assist you with applying for this awesome program. They would also be the agents that can see what qualifications or terms you need to meet, for the current amnesty programs that you are referencing. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityDanielC

hello, I hope all is well,and you are in the best of health,

Hello, I contacted Internet essentials program, and explaind I had a past due balance over 12 months old  that I cannot afford to pay right now and I am currently enrolled in ACP.  And would like to enroll in Internet ess. Program to lower my monthly bill and amnesy, to forgive the past due balance, explained the xfinty website says If a customer qualifies and enrolls in ACP with Comcast, the 90-day and outstanding debt eligibility restrictions do not apply for the duration of ACP, I was transferred to customer service and after being transferred to billing and to Xfinity customer service, then Internet essentials team again, an exact amount of 17 times I was told I had to pay my past due balance in order to receive amnesty every month, then I was told I was already on the IE plus plan but would not be able to receive the lower bill until I payoff my bill, another rep said  xfinity does not have bill forgiveness, and another stated bill forgiveness is only for INTERNET ESSENTIALS. CUSTOMERS.  AND I AM NOT.  finally  given the advice of disconnecting my Xfinity services, and applying again for Internet essentials, and the amnesty program in three months. But that I must pay off my past due balance in order to apply for the amnesty program. Lastly  because I was automatically enrolled in the assistance plan. That is the reason I cannot downgrade services . And  I can not get off the assistance plan because the computer automatically put me on it.  So as much as I enjoy Xfinity and I am satisfied with the services, I cannot continue to acquire a bill with late fees every month without the income to cover these charges so unfortunately I have decided to disconnect my services. My last day will be Monday. I truly appreciate everyone’s responses and advice, thank you so much for your help and again thank you thank you. God bless you.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have been trying to correct an error by Xfinity on my account since September 2022. Today I spent the entire day AGAIN on it. After holdng over an hour (maybe 2) I was disconnected and the problem is not resolved.A very simple thng, use the correct ID from National Verifier and remove the other! I did this in November and it was not taken care of. I had to file AGAIN and get another ID. This is out of control!!!!

Problem Solver

• 

411 Messages

@User_Me We absolutely appreciate your patience with this matter. For issues with your application ID or application being submitted, you would need to reach out to the ACP program. The ACP program is not our program, and we have very limited access to the program or the IDs that are assigned. On our end, all we can do is verify if the application was submitted and if the account is due for the monthly credit. You would need to contact them for things such as multiple IDs or applications. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here