U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, March 18th, 2023 9:15 PM

Closed

Internet down in Sunnyvale 94086 fir more than 24 hours

My internet went down yesterday morning and the green light on my router has been blinking since then. According to the Xfinity outage map there is an outage in zip code 94086 due to “extreme weather”. The weather has been fine in Sunnyvale. There have been no updates on what the problem is or when it will be fixed for more than 24 hours. Is anyone else in this zip code having the same problem?

New Problem Solver

• 

617 Messages

2 years ago

Hey @user_96c6cb

Thank you for taking the time to reach out! I know that getting any available updates is always important. I would be more than happy to review the area and see what details we have to provide. 

Please send me a Direct Message so that I can gather some account details. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the “chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same here..we lost power on Friday 3/17, and no update. Can't get a hold of anyone to give details on what is going on. A nearby xfinitywifi network is also down.

Absolutely ridiculous. This has been the best weather in 2 months and we lose internet due to "extreme weather".

What is the status of this? Another work week starts tomorrow!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey @lukeyoda ,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Xfinity Community Support page. If you are experiencing a service interruption, your best resource would be our Xfinity Status Center. Our service interruption map has things from regular maintenance and upgrades to local Xfinity service interruptions. It will help you stay the most up-to-date on potential issues. A list of features for our service interruption map can be found by visiting https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/check-xfinity-outage-map. Here you will find any estimated time of restoration. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

The “extreme weather” outage is not real. I went to an Xfinity store and they gave me a new modem. After I swapped it in I tried to use the Xfinity app to activate it and failed, but the app let me schedule a technician visit. The tech did something to fix it, but didn’t explain. He was here like five minutes and seemed annoyed, like I should have been able to activate the modem myself. 

New Problem Solver

• 

617 Messages

I appreciate you sharing this update! We would be happy to look into this further with you. Please feel free to send a us a DM with the steps provided above.

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here