U

Tuesday, July 2nd, 2024 2:03 AM

Infinite login loop

I beg of you, please let me set up internet for my new apartment.

I have spent roughly 24 hours failing to achieve anything because...

1) The website to sign up for new internet service will not work.

- It brings me through the steps to submit an order requesting internet service and then the submit order button does nothing

2) The website login feature seems to be stuck in an infinite loop

- I can log in online and it promptly redirects back to the xfinity home page, still logged out

- This persists even in a private window and removing cookies

- This persists across every browser I can find

3) I cannot attempt to use the app to solve this because I am "not a customer" and therefore do not have access to the app

4) The xfinity assistant is among the most useless things I've ever witnessed

- It cannot help me until I log in

- I cannot log in

- The options for why I can't log in do not include anything remotely relevant

- Asking to speak with an agent results in the assistant telling me to log in

4) I reached out via telephone.

- A callback was initiated so that I would be called when an agent was available

- I received a call back about an hour after my initial call

- Then was put on hold for about an hour and a half

5) Examining various reddit and support forum requests across the internet for similar issues which allegedly have been occurring for years, as early as 2015. Interesting that neither fixing this issue nor having easily available fixes documented in any obvious location seems to have occurred

Most of the fixes seem to involve direct messaging the support team which I cannot do as I cannot log in.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 months ago

Thanks for reaching out, user_2i1wcc! I'm so sorry you've been having issues setting up internet. I'd be more than happy to help you with this. In order to get started can you, please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

--

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3lv0gXz

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

1 Message

3 months ago

had the same problem on my PC. thought perhaps it was because i had VPN turned on.  Went to turn off VPN and realized it was not on. Just for kicks decided to turn it on to see if it made a difference. It did. I was able to logon successfully. hope this helps you. It's ridiculous that a website works (or doesn't) this way. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here