BlackSnake1's profile

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

Wednesday, June 5th, 2024 2:49 PM

How to get correct tranfer pin when porting xfinity landline phone service to a new mobile carrier

I need a CORRECT transfer pin # from xfinity in order to transfer my landline phone service to a new mobile carrier.

I've called xfinty support 3 times now and each time I was given different information. (xfinity customer support is pretty much useless)

(The 1st) CSR told me that they would need to turn my phone off and then I would receive a transfer pin by email in 24hrs.

(The 2nd) CSR told me that the transfer pin is just 0000, four zero's.

(The 3rd) CSR told me that the transfer pin is the last four digits of my current landline phone number

So which of these answers are correct , if any?

I can't afford to loose my current phone number as it is linked to my painting business and obviously I can't trust xfinity support.

Thank you

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

22 days ago

Hi there @BlackSnake1! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the community forums! You can view and change your security pin with the information located here : https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-voice-security-pin That should be the number that is required for the port-out to your new provider. I can totally get wanting to be sure you don't lose the number! I have had mine for DECADES!  As long as you do not cancel the phone line with the current provider, us in this case, you would be in no danger of losing the phone number. You mentioned, you were switching the landline to a mobile carrier, were you aware that we had mobile services as well? If you were interested, details are located here : https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/ and we would be happy to chat with you about it if you had questions!  Thanks! 

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

So you're saying that all 3 of the answers that I was given are incorrect? How is it that these employees are allowed to even work for comcast???

The information in the link that you provided is not correct. That is for a security pin, not a phone number porting pin, two different things.

This is exactly what I'm talking about very few xfinity employees actually know anything, they simply take a guess at it.

Does anyone else have the correct answer?

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

@BlackSnake1, this has worked for me in the past. Can you elaborate on what the new provider is telling you and who the new provider is? Perhaps signals are getting crossed here. Thanks! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

The new carrier is Mint Mobile and the only information that they need from me to do the phone number porting is: my xfinity account #, the transfer pin #  and zip code.

Official Employee

• 

352 Messages

The only PIN we offer in regard to Xfinity Voice is the security PIN we have already advised on how to obtain. Transfer PINs are used for mobile numbers and local numbers have a different standard to follow. Assuming you do not cancel the number with Xfinity first, the new carrier should have no problem creating a port-in request to us for your current landline number and making it a mobile number. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I have same problem, getting same run around.  Told transfer pin is last 4 digits of SSN.  Xfinity does not recognize my SSN.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

17 days ago

Blacksnake1  Have you been able to successfully port out your number ?  What if anything worked ?

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

@user_7da6fe​ The answer is simply 0000 and if I were you I would be moving all my services away from xfinity.

1 Message

Thank you! I've spent hours trying to change my mobile phone and Comcast just runs me around. I'll try this number.

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

16 days ago

I have gotten my xfinity landline successfully ported over to mint mobile.

I was going to keep the correct answer to myself just so all other xfinity customers    would get as frustrated with useless xfinity support as I did and hate xfinity as much as I do, but I'm better than that and obviously better that xfinity useless support.

The answer is simply 0000. That's it, that's the big secret. I had mint mobile help me activate over the phone. I gave them the 0000 pin number, xfinity account # and some other personal info and my phone number was ported over in 3 days.

Xfinity has the worst, totally useless support ever and I can't for the life of me, figure out why these useless employees are even receiving a paycheck.

I'm slowly breaking away from comcast, this time is was the phone service, next will be TV. If your reading this, you should do the same, if not just to save money, do it to keep your insanity.

2 Messages

i am just starting this, and was told there is no transfer pin i need to give my cell provider, just the account #, so it really is just 0000 ? im still gonna ask xfinity just to see waht they say, out of curiosity

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here