vbonline's profile

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

Saturday, November 27th, 2021 7:30 PM

Closed

How to get a 4k cable tv box?

I have purchased a 4k TV and would like to replace my current 1080p cable box with a 4k cable box. Can I pick it from a nearby Xfinity store or does it have to be ordered differently?

I can set it up myself.

Thanks!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

Post moved to Customer Service for help in getting 4K Box.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @vbonline! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Xfinity Forums. You've come to the right place.

We have two 4k options, the wireless xi6 and the XG1v4 which is the 4k DVR. 

The DVR is in limited supply at the moment so you won't be able to get one from your local service center. The good news is that we can get either one shipped right to your door! Please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name as well as your service address so we can assist.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon on the top right of this page, next to the bell. Make sure to send the message to our singular handle "Xfinity Support" and we will get back to you ASAP.

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

3 years ago

Hi @XfinityTambrey,

I didn't get a response in the DM for 20 minutes after typing in my name and service address; must have got disconnected in some way. Please let me know what other information is needed and I will try back again another time.

If you have sent the device, please let me know the tracking number so I know when to expect it. I assume there will be no changes to the bill due to the change in device?

Thanks!

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

@vbonline, It was a pleasure working with you in chat. If you change your mind about wanting to change up your equipment in the future or need any other assistance with your services, we are always here to help! :)

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here