U

Monday, September 30th, 2024 10:55 PM

Horrible customer service

Signed up for a new plan of just Internet and was told by the customer service rep they had a special for $95 I would get a free iPad all included in the $95. I told him I don’t need an iPad but they said it was free with the $95, So I did it and I more than one time asked are there any additional fees I have it in the chat I saved a copy of it where I was told no it’s all included in the $95. Guess what later I get an additional bill for $32 it’s a mobile fee for the iPad, I called customer service I even told them the date and the time on the chat where the representative told me it was all included and I questioned multiple times and they said I’m sorry she must’ve been wrong but that’s what you told me you have to honor that, So I have a year 32 that I did not want to pay I was calling to lower my bill and my bill ended up costing me $32 more a month. Two other people I know called to get the same plan and they got their bill for $95 a month no additional fee of $32. I don’t understand there is no additional fees all included in 95 can turn around and change that and charge me an additional $32. I look forward to my contract ending because I will be switching Internet providers.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

18 days ago

Good evening @user_a1568a, and thank you for reaching out to our dedicated Communities team on our forums, we appreciate your time and are sorry to hear about the frustrating experience. I see that you stated you signed up for a new internet plan and were offered a free iPad that you told the agent you didn't need and are now receiving a mobile fee for the iPad. I understand your frustrations and where you are coming from and assure you that our team is on your side and here to help. 

We'd be happy to review your account and agreement as well as see if we can locate the chat to review as well. We want to do everything we can to make the situation right and if needed, we can get a ticket submitted over to our dedicated Executive Mobile team for further assistance. 

To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account including any applicable unit or apartment numbers?

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forward to working with you further. 

3 Messages

I don’t know where to find the direct message chat?? Please advise

3 Messages

11 days ago

I sent a direct message and was told they were looking into it haven’t heard anything since

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_a1568a thank you for reaching back out to us. We are happy to dive back into your account and see what steps have been taken. Our bad for not following up with you. Please send us a new direct message with your full name and complete address:

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here