R

Tuesday, October 3rd, 2023 8:56 PM

Closed

Gigabit Pro Process

I am trying to figure out how to order/start the process of getting the Gigabit Pro service at my home. I have spoken with customer service, but they do not seem to know about the product or the process for starting the ordering process. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

8 months ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

845 Messages

8 months ago

Hello @reddogal, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. 

Gigabit x10 is a fiber-to-the-home residential Xfinity Internet service that delivers download and upload speeds of up to 10 Gbps to customer homes.

Monthly recurring fee: $299.95 per month (plus taxes and equipment).
Equipment monthly rental fee: $19.95 a month.
Activation fee: Up to $500.00.
Premium Installation fee: $500.00.
Requires a two-year contract upon subscription: Early Termination Fee applies.

I'd be happy to check to see if Gigabit Pro is available in your area. 

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

Thank you, I am fine with the cost. I just sent the direct message to @xfinitysupport

6 Messages

Hi, I would like to Sign up for this service. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Welcome to our Community Forum, @user_ngpo19! Thank you for reaching out to us here so we can determine if your location is eligible for our Gig x10 service. 

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help :). 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

7 months ago

Hello Xfinity, I have the same question for x10 and I know the fiber box is on my back yard, how I can signup for it can you pls help me?

Thanks

[Edit: Name]

@Xfinity Support @XfinityKrista 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_Fjrd and thanks for your comment. We are happy to help you. Please make sure to follow our community guidelines by first submitting your public post. That way, proper tracking and help can be provided. For help with your question, we do need to ask personal questions.  Please send us your full name and address in a direct message.

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_Fjrd , and thanks for reaching out. When looking for an account based on your information, I couldn't find one. I presume this is a new connection. Is that correct? 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

Hi.  I've been attempting to order the Gigabit Pro service for some time now.  There has been no response to the tickets I've opened.  Based on what I've read in recent press releases, it's available to almost all customers due to the most recent network enhancements.  Can I get some assistance?

Official Employee

• 

699 Messages

We'd love to assist with looking at Gigabit Pro for your home! We have been working hard to make network improvements, so your quality of service is excellent.  Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, clicking on the pen and paper icon, and then entering “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address, and I'll be happy to help.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thanks.  I submitted it to support right after I posted this initially.  I added my address as well.

Official Employee

• 

699 Messages

Awesome @intn1 We'll get back to you shortly via that 1-1 conversation and look forward to working with you! 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here