7EVGT02332's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 5th, 2021 11:21 PM

Closed

Getting service in new construction

Reaching out here because other avenues have not worked. We are building a new house on a new street. Two houses total on the street. There is Xfinity at the end of the street and the electrician already laid the conduit underground for cables to be pulled through.  My builder has asked that I have Xfinity do this work now. However, the people I have spoken to at Xfinity don't want to schedule me until after we have closed on the house. Meanwhile, newly constructed houses on a new street very close by have not had this issue, so we know this is possible. Can someone help sort this out?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

3 years ago

Hey there, do the houses have addresses already? Typically we would need the home built at the very least but I am happy to explore options with you. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Yes, have an address. House is built and approximately 6 weeks from closing.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Congratulations on your newly built home, @7EVGT02332. We can start looking into getting a serviceability request submitted if the house is completed, and you officially have an address.

Please send me a private message with your first and last name as well as your full service address by using the Peer to Peer direct message icon is located at the top right of the page. Clicking on the direct message icon will bring up a message box that will allow you to initiate the conversation.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

@XfinityRaul wrote: "... Please send me a private message ... using the Peer to Peer direct message icon..."

Note that:

• You cannot send a message directly to XfinityRaul. Instead, send it to "Xfinity Support".
  • There is no longer a Peer to Peer Chat icon. It was renamed the "Direct Message" icon months ago.

To send the requested information in a private message to Xfinity Support from any Forum page:

• Click "Sign In" if that prompt is visible

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person", but don't do that.

Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.

• Select "Xfinity Support" from the list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter or tap the > icon to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Can anyone at Xfinity point me in the right direction? I have a new house that will be closing in 4 or 5 weeks. I need to order a package and have the cable run from the street underground to the inlet on the house. By the way I do have an address and have been recieveing mail there for a couple of months. What are the steps to start the process?  THANKS

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, @user_242010, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums! Congrats on your new house! We would be happy to help you with getting the wiring completed at your new location to ensure you are able to move into your Xfinity services up and running. We are so excited about your interest in Xfinity and you have reached the right place!

Please send us a private message with your name and service address to "Xfinity Support" by clicking on the chat icon at the top right of the page. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here