U

Friday, October 11th, 2024 6:31 PM

False notice about too much data

This morning when I wasn't home I received a message that I had used up 75% of my data. Then, when I still wasn't home, I received another email stating that I used up 90% of my data.  This is not true. I am 99.999% sure that no one hacked into my WiFi. I tried using the Assistant, I chatted with a life rep. 

Can someone just give me the benefit of the doubt and think that it's possible something on your end? 

Official Employee

• 

962 Messages

7 days ago

user_urkk6g I know how concerning this can be, but our data tracker is accurate when it comes to monitoring data usage. I would recommend to call into customer service, and request to be transferred to our Customer Security Assurance (CSA) team as they can look further into this for you. 

2 Messages

Look. I know you have customers coming here all the time saying this. But I"ve only gone over my data once in the past 2 years, and it was at the very end of the month. Here, 10 days in, I got an email while I was at work that I used 75% of my data. Then, still not home, and 2 hours later, I got another email saying I used 90% of my data. 

Maybe, just maybe, this could be the one time that the mistake is on your end?

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

user_urkk6g Thanks for confirming, and we want to ensure that your data usage is correct. You would need to reach out to our CSA, and they would be happy to help go over your data details. They have more tools on their end to ensure your data usage is correct. Let us know if you have any additional questions. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here