tskhere's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, May 23rd, 2024 4:14 PM

failed customer service

Today I called Comcast as I always do prior to my contract ending so I am not surprised with an inflated next bill. I have been with Comcast for at least 30 years.  21 years on record at this point (moved, etc). 

While it is a pain to have to call every time, I have always had a positive experience and was able to get my plan where I wanted it to be for an amount we could agree on. That ended today.
The only solution your people could come up with for me to remain at a similar monthly amount was to force me to move my mobile service (I have been with T-mobile since the 90s and am grandfathered into an excellent rate) to Comcast. That certainly felt like being strong armed to do something I do not want to do!  The other option was to pay $40+ MORE for less service from Comcast.
When I built this same package online as a new customer, it came to $237. You rep had it at $297, $40 more than I pay now; $60 more than the new customer.
How does this make any sense? Having been in sales my entire life (and I am old), I know the value of both new and old business. I hate losing either, especially the old business that pays promptly. 
I will not be paying $40 more and will now have to find an alternative to Comcast. That makes me sad as I love the service, channel line up, DVR, etc. Why lose me after all this time? Why are loyal customers who have been with the company for literally decades now worthless to Comcast?

Official Employee

• 

721 Messages

24 days ago

Hello, tskhere thank you for taking the time out of your day to create a post. I understand wanting to check options on pricing when your promotion is set to expire, I do the same thing when my contracts end. Promotions do have certain requirements to be eligible, and new customer promotions are only available for customers who haven't had an active Xfinity account within the past 90 days. 

Existing customers would want to log into their account either online or through the Xfinity App, then select make change to service to see the promotions available. With having a grandfathered plan with your current cell phone provide, it makes sense not wanting to lose anything with moving your cell phone to a new provider. 

I would be happy to do an account review to check on the options available, since I will need to gather some account information we don't want in our public conversation. When you have time, please send a direct message. 

To send a direct message: 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble  

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address. 

Official Employee

• 

721 Messages

24 days ago

tskhere I appreciate you sending the direct message, I'll follow up with you there to continue. Thank you. 

Official Employee

• 

944 Messages

24 days ago

It was a pleasure, @tskhere working with you in private today and getting your account concerns taken care of. Please don't hesitate to reach back out if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll always be here for you.-Richard

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

All good now.  Thanks!  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@tskhere​ I am in the same situation. I have been a loyal Xfinity/Comcast customer for over 30 years and have had to call customer service every time my promotions ended and my bill saw a big increase. I have always been able to speak with a helpful customer service person who would assist me in lowering my price. This time, I called the customer service people twice (once before and then after I read your post). Both times I was told "Sorry, unless you want to reduce your service, we won't be able to reduce your bill." So, I am facing a $50 per month increase to stay with Comcast. I simply can't afford that and will have to find an alternative.

I saw your post saying all was good. What were they able to do for you?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thanks for reaching out, jwooly! I know you said you've already reached out twice, but I'd be happy to take another crack at this for you if you'd like. At the very least maybe I can point you in the right direction. In order to get started can you, please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

--

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3lv0gXz

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityAntoine​ Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, but I got the same answer: "You're stuck with that high price." So, my loyalty over the years means nothing. Looks like my days with Comcast are ending. Thanks for trying. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here