U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, July 9th, 2023 3:55 AM

Closed

Equipment returned, refund not received.

Hello... I cancelled my old service during my move last year in May but was unable to return the equipment until this year. I was charged for it shortly after I cancelled but kept receiving emails and voicemail prompts to return it. I finally did so about two weeks ago (dropped it off at an Xfinity location) and received the receipt for the return. However, the young gentleman who helped me was unable to issue the refund so he set up a return phone call from the corporate office for me instead, but - I missed these calls while driving home from there.

I was only able to reach a robot when I tried calling back. [Edited: "Language"] he sent me to a chat. I believe the chat robot was still the same robot but pretended like he didn't know me. Anyway, I managed to escape the robot by selecting an unrelated category and finally got a living breathing human being to chat with. This living breathing human being took all the details, looked through my account, and assured me (by saying "rest assured..." multiple times) that I will receive my refund within 7 days. 

To make sure he wasn't kidding, I asked to tell me how much the refund will be and how it will be received. He replied that the amount isn't being shown but to "rest assured" that I will receive it within no more than 7 days. He also gave me the correct address (my current address) where the refund will be mailed. I then asked to tell me the fastest way to reach a living breathing human being -just-in-case- I don't receive the refund within 7 days. Again, one of those "rest assured.." was given and the following: Just call 1-800-Xfinity. 

I explain to him that only a robot lives at that number, to which he writes the following: "When you call that number, you need to click 1, then 2, then 1, you will get connected." After staring at that for a few seconds, I burst out laughing. I couldn't stop laughing. All the frustration melted away and I chuckled for hours later... 

This is now two weeks later and I can still chuckle at it but - rest. assured. that my refund was not received.

Can someone, anyone, please tell me how to get my money back. Or, the equipment back! Because Xfinity charged me for it. I can use it as a door stop... [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. I would appreciate a response and guidance. 

Thank you,

~Hoping to be turned back into a happy Xfinity customer again~

Official Employee

• 

687 Messages

1 year ago

We will be happy to help you, please send us a direct message to get started. Thank you! 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityRuben​ Hi there, thanks for your reply. How is a direct message sent? Where? Thanks...

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thanks, done. Any idea how long the wait for an answer to these direct messages is? Is it a live-chat type of thing, or answered much later? (been waiting over 10 mins now..)

1 Message

@XfinityRuben​  I  traded in a Google pixel 8 when I got my new phone e

Says they ha e t received it

Official Employee

• 

612 Messages

Hey there, @user_yelcmm! I am sorry to hear you are having troubles with the details regarding your trade-in device for Xfinity Mobile. We do recommend reaching out to our Xfinity Mobile experts to investigate the cause of the delay with receiving the return. Please let us know if you have any further questions/concerns, we would be happy to help. 

Xfinity Mobile: 

Text Message: 888-936-4968
Phone: 888-936-4968
Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here