U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, May 2nd, 2023 3:11 PM

Closed

equipment return

Need to return a now replaced gateway via UPS, but when I go through the returns sequence to print a UPS label, I get a message saying that 'Your equipment details are unavailable at this time' but of course, my equipment details are clearly known in my account. 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

@user_2a2218 Thanks for reaching out about returning your gateway. I appreciate you trying online and can make sure we get this taken care of. If you are going to a UPS store they can take care of label, packing, and shipping at no charge. If you are doing a UPS pickup, please send a direct message with your name and address.

Make sure you are signed in to forums

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon(direct message) near the bell icon.

2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityEthan​ Thank you Ethan, there is a UPS store right on the way to work, so I will try it and see what happens.  There are a million complaints out there about customers trying to do this and either being told by UPS Store employees that they don't do this or being charged quite a bit for the service... hoping to avoid that.  Additionally, I have a UPS dropbox in the building I work with, so this should be super easy if I could just get a label.  I will try the UPS store first, then DM you all if that fails.  I really appreciate the help!

Expert

• 

104.1K Messages

1 year ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@EG​ No answers yet.  I am trying on Reddit also.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_2a2218 Thanks for trying! If it is a direct corporate UPS it will be a part of our free return partnership. The 3rd party stores or stores within stores normally don't take part. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

This did work.  The UPS store near me handled it.  I emailed them before going over there to make sure they could do this.  They packed and shipped the old gateway at no charge.  Nice.

Official Employee

• 

944 Messages

Hey there, @user_2a2218 That's great that the UPS Store was able to get you taken care of. I appreciate your patience and the time you took to speak with us regarding your equipment concerns. Before I let you go, so you can enjoy the rest of your day, are there any other questions or concerns that I can assist you with today?-Richard

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I am having this same exact problem - the device list for me is blank on that page, and I'm in a new zip so not near an Xfinity store. I can get to several UPS stores near my new location, but without an address label OR just a destination address, I can't do anything! Between a chat and a phone call to your support for over an hour, I've tried to resolve this without any success. Can someone help? If you give me the address to ship the router to, I can do it myself! 

Problem Solver

• 

788 Messages

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your issues returning your equipment. I would love to further assist you with this. Can you please reach out to us through direct message with your first and last name, name on the account if different and service address? 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it
See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have same issue as do apparently many other paying customers. The direct message link you provided lands on a "404 page could not be found" error page. We don't all live in areas that have an Xfinity store or UPS store nearby.  Please fix the self print UPS label option on the web site and in the app or find a way to email the label to customers so they can return equipment. This has been such an aggravating waste of time.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

I understand you're running into the same problem as well @user_8ba7aa. I'll circle back with further assistance within our private conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

It NEVER TELLS how return equipment

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Hi there, @user_e6a8ae, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us through our Xfinity Forums. You can review the return options here.  Please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here