U

Monday, August 26th, 2024 4:48 PM

Email access denied & server not authorized?

I have had comcast.net & now Xfinity email for over 20 years and this morning I am receiving my email access is denied as it is not authorized with my server. Could you please reset my email account. Thanxs, for your support! JV.

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

19 days ago

@user_uig54e Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. To clarify, are you trying to access your email via a third party email client? If so, can you please let me know which one? Also, have you tried accessing your email directly from our website? If so, are you still unable to access it and receive an error?

3 Messages

@XfinityBillie​  I am having the same problem:  here is the message:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://login.xfinity.com/login" on this server.

[Edited: "Personal Information"]

[Edited: "Invalid Link"]

I am just using my regular login -- I am able to access my email on on phone.  this is the message I get when  I try to access my email through my computer.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Good afternoon @user_slqe8m, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums today to let us know that you are also having this problem and receiving access denied error, we appreciate your time and assure you that our team is here to help. We'd be happy to help troubleshoot your email issues. Is it ok if we ask a few troubleshooting questions?

I see that you stated you can access your email on your phone but receive this message on your computer. To confirm, are you accessing your email through the XFINITY website or a third party client server such as Outlook for example?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

@user_slqe8m​ 

Have you tried a different browser besides Edge?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

3 Messages

I'm using Chrome as the browser.

3 Messages

@XfinityAlyssaA​  -- I am trying to access through Xfinity website and Chrome is my browser.

5 Messages

19 days ago

Same here. Started Friday or Saturday. Safari on the MacBook laptop has issues with xfinity only. Firefox access to xfinity on same laptop is fine. Xfinity access on my iPhone is OK, too. In Safari: Turned off Firewall, Cleared Caches, Cleared History, changed password, No extensions, No content blockers, Pop-Ups allowed, rebooted....Still Access Denied on Xfinity only. Trying to access XFINITY website e-mail directly and NOT with a third party.

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://login.xfinity.com/login" on this server.
[Edited: "Personal Information"]
[Edited: "Invalid Link"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Hi there, user_wix137Thank you for all the steps you took to try and resolve the error you see when trying to access your email box. Narrowing down to Safari and just the MacBook laptop is very helpful. Is your browser also up to date? Did you try in Private Browsing?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.

5 Messages

Yes, my browser is always up to date as well as my OS. I have tried Private Browsing several times, all to no avail.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_wix137 and @user_uig54e We have discovered our engineering teams are aware of the "Access Denied" issue happing on personal computers visiting our sites. Mobile phones and tablets do not appear to be impacted by this issue at this time. They are working on a solution, however we don't have an ETA at this time. 

3 Messages

@XfinityMartyR​ Comments on the "Access Denied You don't have permission to access "http://login.xfinity.com/login" on this server." issue. I have tried many methods to login using Windows 7 and Windows 10 computers that are hooked up to the internet direct to the modem, on my wifi router, and using my Apple I phone hot spot - different browsers (Firefox Opera Pale Moon Vivaldi Edge)  and both current and old versions of the browsers. My results are that 95% of the time the "Access Denied .." error occurs but sometimes the login works (or I could not be posting this reply since I do not login using my phone (screen to small). The 5% that work follow no pattern every combination has worked at least once. I have run 100+ tests using 3 computers and changing the internet access method and browsers on each. Hope this helps - this problem started several days ago.    

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

18 days ago

This is exactly what happened to my account [Edited: "Personal Information"] last night. Then after I commented on this forum it was corrected. NOW IT IS BACK!   [Edited: "Personal Information"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

771 Messages

battin Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

1 Message

Experiencing the same issues….two days. Hopefully, this can be resolved soon. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_grhx1k - We can help! What client are you using to access your emails? Are you able to access your email via Xfinity Connect? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I commented on this twice now. the response I received was  " battin Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any question.

How am  suppose to sign in when I can't get access?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Is there anyone going too respond?

5 Messages

14 days ago

I also have the same problem. I have been calling Xfinity with no results. They keep saying that they do not know what’s wrong. I have changed browsers I have deleted cookies and caches. I am continuously access denied. Can somebody explain and tell me how to fix this problem?

5 Messages

@user_1loirn​ nope I cannot explain. Perhaps find a real email service that prioritizes email. My email returned to normal a couple of days ago….you know, once I finally switched to iCloud Mail with Apple. I am slowly severing the Xfinity connection. 

Official Employee

• 

529 Messages

@user_1loirn Hello and good evening. Thanks for posting and sharing your experience with the community. We appreciate it and that you thought of us to assist. We know how important the email access is, and want you to know that we will work together to ensure you get into your account again. I rely on my email for access to all my services, so I know it is vital. I hope you are doing well this evening. How are you, did you have any big plans for the weekend? How are you accessing your email? 

5 Messages

I am

posting this via my iPhone. Can access email on my phone only. High level tech support from Xfinity tell me they know about this and are working HARD to fix the problem. I think that is just the company line. They say there is an outage but when I check on Xfinity outages , there are none. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_1loirn

Thank you for following up. You started, but you can only access it via your iPhone. Is that via Apple Mail, Safari, or both? Can I have more details about the troubleshooting you completed with tech support so far?

5 Messages

Reached level 4 security saying they know there’s an outage and they do not know when it will be fixed. I can access my Xfinity Comcast’s email on my phone. I can log into Xfinity on my phone. They had me restart modem clear caches change browsers but nothing worked .

2 Messages

12 days ago

Hello, 

I have the same issue when trying to login to xfinity from the web browser. I've tried Chrome, edge, duck duck go, deleted cache and disabled pop up blockers. All have the same problem. The issue only appears on my laptop and my other computer works fine. Can you please help?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Greetings, @user_v3jvwk! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues accessing your email, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

Have you tried logging in using a Chrome incognito browser window (Ctrl+Shift+N on a PC . . . ⌘+Shift+N on a Mac)? This temporary workaround has been successful for some customers experiencing this server permission issue.

2 Messages

Hello,

Yes, I tried this and recieve the same result. 

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

@user_v3jvwk​ 

Try turning off your extensions.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for responding, @user_v3jvwk. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

3 Messages

@XfinityJamesC​  I posted the reply below several days ago .... since then I have reduced my "Access Denied" rate to less than 10% by using my Windows 7 computer running Firefox 115.14esr, connecting directly to the modem, and always starting from the xfinity overview screen to start my login. I cannot explain why this works 90+%.  Also to update my original comment below I also cleared all cookies, restarted my modem/router, turned firewall on/off, used VPN, and tried private browsing sessions.

One last note is that the error is not a time out server access error since it happens immediately and my solution above is for information only and does not the problem.     

@XfinityMartyR​ Comments on the "Access Denied You don't have permission to access "http://login.xfinity.com/login" on this server." issue. I have tried many methods to login using Windows 7 and Windows 10 computers that are hooked up to the internet direct to the modem, on my wifi router, and using my Apple I phone hot spot - different browsers (Firefox Opera Pale Moon Vivaldi Edge)  and both current and old versions of the browsers. My results are that 95% of the time the "Access Denied .." error occurs but sometimes the login works (or I could not be posting this reply since I do not login using my phone (screen to small). The 5% that work follow no pattern every combination has worked at least once. I have run 100+ tests using 3 computers and changing the internet access method and browsers on each. Hope this helps - this problem started several days ago.    

1 Message

11 days ago

It broke on Opera for me today as well.   I think it may be related to deleting some special comcast cookie.  I deleted 7 days of cookies last night and I get this message today.

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/customer-service/email-access-denied-server-not-authorized/66ccb1e438e9a26c9e73f263?commentId=66ccb8eca818c6043d0b418e

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

Hey, user_ock7da! Thanks for letting us know about the issues you are having. By chance have you tried to access it using the Private mode on Opera?

3 Messages

@user_ock7da​ My previous post show that in testing different combinations of browsers(private and non-private sessions) - windows versions - connections(wifi, direct cable, phone hot spot) - clearing/saving cookies - firewall on/off - vpn ;  that at any time some combination will work and then fail the next time. My guess is that in mid August Xfinity made a security change to the pathways that access the infinity.com sites and that change is the problem since our login attempt is being  flagged as a threat and then access is being denied.  So until Xfinity fixes this security change problem that trying to find combinations that attempt to bypass this error cannot be a permanent solution since they may fail the next time - Note my Firefox method failed after a week and I am now using Midori browser method to make this post.

5 Messages

@user_w0a9yi might be onto something. I was up and running for a week (after 2 weeks of Access Denied). I cleaned-up the laptop last night (cookies, caches, back-up) and now have no normal access to e-mail or Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Private mode does NOT make any difference, it is still happening. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 days ago

I am having the same issue "Access Denied" It is 9-10-24 . It only happens now when i try to access my xfinity account log in page in Google Chrome Browser. Did this for years with no issues.
When will this be fixed?

BTW , I had no problem logging into this forum  https://forums.xfinity.com/and since  i was allowed access to the forum, it then gave me access to my https://www.xfinity.com/   without denial. 

7 Messages

4 days ago

I am unable to see any sent emails-or should I say my emails are not going where they are intended!  IOS phone and ipad say incorrect password.  I've gone on to the Xfinity app and reset my password 4 times.  I have been working on this x 2 hrs with no change.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

533 Messages

Hey there, @user_40p1st. You mentioned you reset your password inside the Xfinity app, were you able to update the new password on your iOS device email app? 

7 Messages

I was able to update the passwords as far as I know.  Neither my ipad, my phone, or Outlook on my laptop are able to send emails, although I am receiving them.  Have the settings changed?  I have checked the box on security allowing 3rd party apps, but the boxes keep popping up for the correct name and password on the IOS apparatuses, and my Comcast Outlook emails (including work, home, 2 businesses-100s of emails) have been lost in trying to correct the accounts.

I know Xfinity is no longer supporting new emails, but if this is the way you are trying to get the public to stop using your service you could have sent an email yourselves.  This is a very low way to get rid of us.

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

@user_40p1st Thank you for confirming the steps you have already tried. Just to clarify, on the iPhone and iPad are you trying to use it with Apple Mail? You also mentioned Outlook, are you getting the same error there? Also, to confirm, you are able to log into the Xfinity webmail via our site and see all your emails?

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

3 days ago

Yesterday I was suddenly received the Access Denied message on my Android phone.  I can get my email on desktop and Chromebook, but not on my phone.  This is a BIG problem as my husband is in the hospital and the hospital communicates with me via my Comcast email.  This needs to be fixed!  

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

Hey, grammie8! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear that you are also having this email issue on your Android phone. Can you let us know if you are trying to get your email through a browser on the phone or is it through a 3rd party app like Outlook?

1 Message

3 days ago

I am having the same issue.  I updated my password in my MAC and it says my password is invalid.  I entered my new password and it still won't recognize it.  I cannot receive e-mail on my phone or my MAC since 1:00pm yesterday.  I don't want to delete and start over and risk losing everything.  Please help.

7 Messages

Yeah, be careful.  I allowed the built-in tool in Outlook to try to repair it, and lost 100s of emails.

1 Message

3 days ago

I have two comcast.net emails. One works but not the other. I was asked to update the emails about 2 months ago. One updated and works but the other one appears to have disappeared. Always access denied. 

7 Messages

We have 2 business ones, and 2 personal ones.  None are working well.  I will be switching to gmail if we have to login to xfinity to do email-it is not efficient on a cell or ipad, even Outlook is not working.

5 Messages

2 days ago

Still looks like @user_w0a9yi has the correct idea from approx Wed the 4th of Sept : "My previous post show that in testing different combinations of browsers(private and non-private sessions) - windows versions - connections(wifi, direct cable, phone hot spot) - clearing/saving cookies - firewall on/off - vpn ;  that at any time some combination will work and then fail the next time. My guess is that in mid August Xfinity made a security change to the pathways that access the infinity.com sites and that change is the problem since our login attempt is being flagged as a threat and then access is being denied.  So until Xfinity fixes this security change problem that trying to find combinations that attempt to bypass this error cannot be a permanent solution since they may fail the next time - Note my Firefox method failed after a week and I am now using Midori browser method to make this post."

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here