H

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, May 25th, 2021 4:55 AM

Closed

EBB errors

I applied for EBB through Comcast. They said I needed to qualify with the national verifier. I did that, got the screen that said you are qualified for Lifeline. Went back to apply for EBB with Comcast and 2 days later, get an email:

Important information about your EBB application

Thank you for applying for the temporary Federal Emergency Broadband Benefit program through Xfinity. Unfortunately, we could not completely process your EBB application at this time.

Here's why

Your application may have failed for one of the following reasons:
  • You must first complete your eligibility application with the National Verifier before completing your enrollment application for the EBB program through Xfinity. Click here to complete your application with the National Verifier. Then re-submit your enrollment application through Xfinity.
  • If you were verified through the National Verifier more than 90 days ago, you may need to reapply. Click here to complete your eligibility application with the National Verifier.
  • You may already be enrolled in EBB program with another service provider. Click here for more information.

I cannot re-verify with the national verifier because I am already qualified. I have now applied for EBB 3 times and keep getting the same email 2 days after I apply. Have called Comcast and they are no help. One person told me to wait 24-48 hours from the day I called, and that was after calling back 2 days after my first call. Another person submitted the application manually for me and I just received the same "cannot complete your application" email. Comcast please help!!!!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 years ago

Concern moved here for greater exposure to actual Comcast employees. 

Contributor

• 

185 Messages

3 years ago

The same thing keeps happening to me.  I get an email saying it was received and a few days later I get the same thing as above.  I have already qualified, the email says nothing specific was wrong, much less giving me a like to correct it.  I qualified under my name and the account is under the name of my father (deceased)

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

Hi there all, I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the EBB process. I know this must be frustrating and we apologize. Please call our Internet Essentials department at 1-855-846-8376 for further assistance. Thank you for your continued patience. 😊

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I qualified through the National Verifier but didn't use the exact information that I applied to the National Verifier. Because I used my license to verify instead of my social security number. I was told that I had to use 0000 for the last 4 of my social security number & use my middle name to apply through Comcast. I have tried to reapply through Comcast but it's not allowing me to do so. It took forever to get a real person to help me at Comcast the other day and she told me that I had to wait until May 26 to reapply. Well it's May 26 and it's not allowing me to reapply. How can I reapply and/or correct the the information on my application. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

Hello user_c39d8d, our Internet Essentials department can certainly help you with getting signed up. Just give them a call at 1-855-846-8376 for assistance.

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

I received the same email, however none of the reasons are true. I am verified through USAC (the national verifier) used the same information on USAC and on xfinity, I am no where near the 90 days since application with verifier and am not enrolled in EBB with any other program. I called today (which is a never ending loop, trying to reach a human) and was told that it would be forwarded to a higher level of support and I should hear back in 2 - 3 days for instructions on how to resolve it...if an email is not received, just call back! All of this after many hours over several days of trying to resolve why I couldn't even apply to xfinity after being verified and receiving an approval and application ID from USAC. Option 3 to apply (I'm an existing customer) just resulted in an error, stating to call a friendly agent...however, that didn't get me anywhere.  Many hours on the phone and chat and not one agent understood what I was saying; kept telling me that I need to be verified first and then choose option 3 to apply with xifinity. I was only given the link (multiple times) to the same xfinity application site I had been on, for which I was explaining was giving me the error message. The next day, I spoke with an agent who said it was because I could not apply with xifinity until 30 days from date of verification with the national verifier. So frustrating! I beginning to think that my only alternative is to switch providers. Will this drag on until the benefit is no longer available? It is a limited benefit!

Problem Solver

• 

788 Messages

@user_4ce026 Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your experience with The EBB services. I am so sorry that you have had this experience so far. Have you reached out and spoken with our Internet essentials team through 1-855-846-8376?

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@ComcastMichelleR I do appreciate your response. However, if you read the large volume of posts here written by loyal customers who are already approved by the national verifier, yet repeatedly being denied use of this benefit by comcast....no one is mentioning being successful when calling this number either, in fact quite the opposite. Any other solutions? 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@ComcastMichelleR also, after the grueling process of trying to reach an agent for assistance, if this is the best number call, why is the customer not just automatically directed to this number? Instead you just get scripted responses & the run around. 

Problem Solver

• 

788 Messages

This is our team of experts that are currently handling all of these requests for EBB and our internet essentials services. They are the best team to speak with regarding this request. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I’ve had the same exact experience & every time I speak to a Comcast agent I’m getting the runaround. It’s so frustrating. I’ve already been approved thru the National Verifier as well. I continuously get an error email from Comcast. It’s ridiculous. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I have had the exact same experience.  Approved by the National Verifier, multiple calls with Xfinity, after every call I get the exact same email from Xfinity saying there is a problem processing my application. They must get paid by the number of calls that they take (not for successfully solving problems), because they claim they want help but each time, they have no idea what the problem is, take the exact same information from me, and nothing happens.  Xfinity clearly does not want customers to sign up for this program.  And their only response on this forum seems be to call the same number again.  What will be different this time.  How about providing an answer to all of these complaints on the forum website since we all seem to getting the same run around from Comcast.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same issue.  I was approved for Lifeline this month for the first time.  I receive SSDI/medicaid/food stamps, so I always qualify for federal programs without issue.  I then tried to apply for EBB with Comcast.  I've tried three times now.  Each time, I receive an email reply, two days later, just like everyone else here has described.  The email subject is

"Action required: Emergency Broadband Benefit program".  It says that I'm either not approved by the National Verifier, or my National Verifier application is over 90 days old, or I'm enrolled in EBB with someone else.  None of those are the case.

I have also called Comcast multiple times.  It sounds like Comcast is trying their best, but that they don't have access to the National Lifeline Accountability Database (NLAD) in order to see where the problem is.  From what I've read, service providers are usually able to query this NLAD database to see which field is the problem.  I think that there is a mismatch somewhere between the Lifeline application data and the Comcast customer account data.  I've even wondered if the problem is the field for the apartment number.  Maybe Lifeline has a # before the apartment number, but Comcast uses "Apt", so this field is not matching.

But Comcast has no access to the NLAD, so they can only tell us to go back to the publicly facing Lifeline or EBB websites that we've already gone through, probably knowing that it won't do any good.  

I've even contacted my congressman, and he is having a hard time.  This seems like a really poorly rolled out program.

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

paperbag76, thank you for your comment and description of the issue signing up for the EBB program through our website. I apologize for the frustration this must be causing. Please call our Internet Essentials Team for further assistance with your EBB application at 1-855-846-8376. They will be able to resolve the error with you. 

I'll be closing this thread as the best solution has been provided.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here