Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, May 18th, 2021 8:37 PM

Closed

ebb approved by national verifier but denied by xfinity

got the following email response from xfinity after applying for ebb benefit

Important information about your EBB application

Thank you for applying for the temporary Federal Emergency Broadband Benefit program through Xfinity. Unfortunately, we could not completely process your EBB application at this time.

Here's why

Your application may have failed for one of the following reasons:
  • You must first complete your eligibility application with the National Verifier before completing your enrollment application for the EBB program through Xfinity. Click here to complete your application with the National Verifier. Then re-submit your enrollment application through Xfinity.
  • If you were verified through the National Verifier more than 90 days ago, you may need to reapply. Click here to complete your eligibility application with the National Verifier.
  • You may already be enrolled in EBB program with another service provider. Click here for more information.
What you can do next

Please verify that you are not currently enrolled with another service provider. In order to enroll in the Emergency Broadband Benefit program with Xfinity, the information on your EBB application with the National Verifier must match the information on your Xfinity account. To make corrections, you may need to submit additional documentation to the National Verifier and then re-apply through Xfinity.

Click below for more information and next steps.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same issues! It is unbelievable the run around that I get every time I call for help...there is NO help from them!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

It’s the same with me since May 15, applied 3x because i keep getting denied from xfinity when I am approved by the national verifier. Made a lot of calls but no one can help. It’s been 3 weeks and no discount. I’m afraid the funds are going to run out. Don’t know what to do now.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Yes, I have received this same message three times, after receiving approval from the National Verifier service.  After receiving it the second time, I called the number for Internet Essentials, and the representative put the application through for me, but I still wound up receiving the same e-mail from Comcast saying that there was an issue with processing the application.  Very frustrating, indeed.  There sure seems to be some sort of issue that has been going since last month that Comcast needs to fix as soon as possible.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

I can truly understand your frustration with this process @user_60c428. I wish there was more information we can provided to help. If anyone here on this thread is still having issues, please call 1-855-846-8376. This is the only team that can handle these request. Please give them a ring, and I am sure they will be able to help. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

185 Messages

3 years ago

I have yet again been denied by comcast, I HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND APPROVED BY EBB.

SO WHAT GIVES.

I call 1.800.934.6489 and 1.855.846.8376 to find out how to fix that and only get the automated system.  No matter what number I press I cannot speak to a live person.

Also, half the time I cannot get into the forum, I get an error message:

400 Bad Request

Request Header or Cookie Too Large

I have to clear my history, even when I have just cleared it the day before.

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

Hallelujah!  I've been approved by Comcast. 

When filling out the Comcast application, they've added a place where you put your National Verifier approval number....the one that starts with a B or a Q

Contributor

• 

117 Messages

@user_40b816 

Congrats...I suspect quite a few more will be approved now that they added that to the application process.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

I had just about given up.. lol

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Just got email from Xfinity said I got "approved". :-)

I did "resubmit" the application again. 

1) login into https://getemergencybroadband.org/

look to see what method of identity to verify. For me, the method of identity verification is "driver license"

2) now, when you submit the EBB application on Xfinity  www.xfinity.com/EBB.  Make sure to enter the application ID from National Verifier and check the method of identity verification such as by SSN, driver license.

Good luck.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Does ANYONE get approved for the EBB program through Comcast/Xfinity? I believe they are just denying everyone. Although I can't fathom why.  This program has been rolled out through the FCC. [Edited: "Solicitation"] 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

117 Messages

@cyrilplace    there are approvals, It might take some time due to everything not being in order at the time of the "Roll Out". It took me about a month but I finally got approved. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here