U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, February 15th, 2022 10:04 PM

Closed

Early termination fee for moving to a non service area

Hi,

As far i know if i move to a non serviceable area, i should not pay for early termination fee. But customer care person said she doesn’t know about that.

Expert

• 

103.6K Messages

2 years ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to actual Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 years ago

Hi, @user_54a2dc, I hope you've had a chance to start getting settled into your new home. That's always an exciting time, so I wish you the best at your new place 😃. Although, I'm sure that early termination fee didn't exactly say welcome home, but thank you for reaching out to get that concern resolved. The previous representative you worked with is correct. If you have an active customer agreement and move to an area that we don't service, any remaining early termination fees would still be applicable. I know this isn't the best news, but I do want to be transparent with you. Did you already confirm your new home isn't serviceable by us?  

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

2 years ago

@user_54a2dc 

Early Termination Fees are spelled out in your contract.

If you are under a contract and you need to cancel service, you may be subject to an early termination fee (ETF).

•    If you move to a Comcast serviceable area, and transfer service, you are not charged.
  •    If you move to a Comcast serviceable area, and do not sign up for service, then the ETF would apply.
  •    If you move to a non-Comcast serviceable area, then the ETF does apply.
  •    If it is an active duty military deployment, then the ETF will be waived when you send documentation.
  •    If the account holder is deceased, the ETF will be waived upon receiving a death certificate or obituary.
  •    If you downgrade service, then the ETF will not apply.
  •    If you have a Double/Triple Play and remove all but one service, then the ETF will not apply.
  •    If you cancel all services while under contract then the ETF will apply.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

There are people out there whom are very loyal to Xfinity and have been with them for years and I know Xfinity will take certain situations into consideration.  Sometimes people have to move to an non-Xfinity serviceable area, either for a job or certain situations out of their control.  It’s not that they want to cancel Xfinity, it’s just that Xfinity doesn’t have service or cannot provide service in that area, which Xfinity should understand.  Please reach out to an Xfinity customer service supervisor and be sure to be kind and explain the situation to them. From my experience, Xfinity supervisors have been very kind to me, so good luck to you and I hope things work out. 

B_Kind

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Dear Sir/Madam;

I had been a loyal Comcast customer service user for over 22 years, utilizing your TV, Internet, and Phone service. We were in the process of selling our home and moving to a different area. I called and went on-line to move my service to our new home only to find out that you company could not service that area. In fact it appears that no one provides internet to it. When I found out that we could not continue to receive  services from your company I was put in the position and had to cancel. I followed your policy paid my final bill and returned all of the equipment on a timely basis to you. I then received a statement saying that I had a credit of $0.02 which I just figured  I could use when you in the future did offer service in my area.

Then about a month ago  I received in the mail an invoice for $50.00 one-time charge with all the moving I did not respond to it until I received a second invoice for $55.67. I then called in and spoke to a Comcast customer care service member trying to find out why I had received the bill and what was it for. He explained that I was under a contact and the $50.00 was an early cancellation fee. After a protracted conversation where I explained that I wanted to continue service but your company could not provide it to me I felt that that voided any contract. I also remember that during my past conversations with Comcast about my bill and continuation of service I stated that I did not want a contract just wanted to bundle my services to get the best deal I could.

The representative did offer to reduce the amount by $10.00 however I felt that I did not owe anything sent you company could not continue to provide service to me. After a few “let me check with my supervisor” holds I finally ask to speak to a supervisor. When she got on the phone with me she allowed me to give a full explanation and then proceeded to read me something that states that even if they could not provide service I was still liable for the $50.00.

I told her that I still felt that her response was very short sighted since  if your company still would be charging me $50.00 fee that I would never ever consider utilizing your services in the future.

My account number was __________________________

Service address was inFort Myers Florida 33905

My present address is in LaBelle Florida 33935

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hi there!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support with Digital Care here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and we are more than happy to assist with this for you.  No worries!  You have reached out to a team of experts, and we are going to get things squared away for you.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message so that we can get more in depth.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://comca.st/3uYFpBS 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here