U

Friday, May 10th, 2024 4:42 AM

Drop Bury Request 4

I feel like communication within this company has really broken down. On April 11, 2024, I went into the Xfinity store in Riverton. I let them know that I was moving into an apartment over a detached garage, and I was wondering if they could run a line to the apartment. The main house where my landlord resides has Xfinity internet, but the apartment does not have a physical cable to it. After signing up for service, the salesman told me that they would send someone out and they would solve everything. Two weeks later, a technician came out. I don’t think he was the right type of technician for the job. I think he was expecting just to plug some things in. He didn’t speak English very well, so it was hard to communicate, but he kept telling me that he could not help me. Then, he recommended a company called Hello Tech. This was entirely unhelpful because they don’t run outdoor cables. Comcast also disconnected my landlord’s internet account since we are at the same address. I was told this would not be a problem. Anyways, I went back in to the Riverton store, and I asked for my account to be canceled because I had already received a bill for service that did not exist. Then, I asked the manger to put in a drop bury request for me. He did that, and he gave me his email that he “checks as much as he checks his phone” if I were to experience any other issues. A few hours later, I received a text message saying my ticket had been resolved. I emailed the manager, but he never responded. A week or so later, I went to the Xfinity store in Draper. There, I met with someone who put in another drop bury request, and she really seemed to know what she was talking about. I got texts saying that the process had started, and people even came out to mark utility lines. Then, I was told that a technician would be coming out to bury the new line. Nope. It was the same guy. He obviously could not help me, so I’m not sure why he was sent to me again. Later that week, I called customer support and they put in another request, and I have another ticket number. I can’t keep doing this. I need internet by June because I have a lot of online job training that I have to participate in. I just need someone to directly communicate with me. The people in the stores and on the help line don’t understand my problem, and I am sick of not having internet. 

Expert

• 

103.6K Messages

10 days ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

10 days ago

Hi there @user_omch11!  Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and want to help in any way that we can to ensure your concerns are addressed. No worries!  You have reached out to the right team to help get things squared way.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message so that we can get all of the pertinent details and get the ball rolling.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here