U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, January 23rd, 2022 4:19 AM

Closed

Download speed is 30mbps with 600mbps plan

Don’t know why no one form xfinity is helping me, I took 600mbps plan but geeing only 30mbps download speed. I am using my own modem netgear c7000v2. Anyone is having same problem as I am facing with xfinity internet?

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

3 years ago

@user_433037

Hey there! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us on our Communities platform. I hate to hear you are experiencing trouble with your internet connection. Can you try running a speed test while connected directly to your modem using this site? https://comca.st/3qWwEWY

[Edited: Speed test link]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinitySheila​ I tried and now getting 49.1 mbps download speed.

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_433037 There are quite a few things that can be done to improve the connection. It is important to remember the more devices that are connected, may slow the speed. Also, Wi-Fi speeds are approximately half compared to the guaranteed hardline speeds. Here are some helpful tips: 1) release and renew the IP address by following these steps on an ethernet-connected device. Here are the steps: comca.st/3cZS2BS. 2) on Wi-Fi connected devices it can be as simple as forgetting the network name(s) and restarting the device. Please try these steps if you have not. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Hi hope your are doing well, I have the nighthawk c7000v2 I also am having the same speed issue as you on ethernet and wifi, on ethernet I get 300Mbps with the 600Mbps on the 2.4ghz I get about 80Mbps I never reach 100 on the 5ghz I sometimes get 200Mbps but it is mostly around the 100sMbps and it randomly looses connection on the 5ghz when using Zoom, I already had a technician come out and he changed all my lines and put in new ones but that was because I was getting a lot of T3 and T4 timeouts, for the speed issue the technician recommended I either downgrade to the 300Mbps because the Nighthawk c7000v2 he said it won't give me much higher speeds because it uses DOCSIS 3.0, or get a new cable modem router that has DOSIS 3.1, so I am now awaiting a new modem that I ordered and I have to see if my speeds improve. I have read online that many people that have switched to DOCSIS 3.1 have improved speeds greatly. (On the Nighthawk c7000v2 I previously had 15 devices connected to it on the 600Mbps plan but since my speed issues started I disconnected some devices I now have 11 devices connected which is the maximum devices connected on the 600Mbps according to xfinity but that doing that did not improve my speeds)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have the same modem and am getting the same download speed as you.  i, too, am supposedly paying for 600mbps.

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

We apprecaite the time that you took to reach out to our Community about this issue with your internet speeds @user_c641b6. Do you happen to have a standalone or personal router attached to your Netgear and have you attempted any troubleshooting steps? The My Account application has a troubleshooting feature, or you can use the steps on here as well https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/internet-connectivity-troubleshooting. Your device may also need to be provisioned as its firmware may need to be updated. Let us know if that helps or if you need further assistance. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here