U

Thursday, September 12th, 2024 9:50 PM

Didn't receive xFi Pods after upgrading to xFi Complete

Hello. What does it take to actually get the free xFi pods when you sign up for xFi Complete? I already had the 800 Mbps plan, but was only receiving 150-200 on my computer with wifi 6, only 6 feet away. I called and upgraded to xFi Complete. Xfinity then shipped me an older modem than I already had, but no pod. The modem they shipped had slower speeds and didn't penetrate walls as well as the modem that the xFinity store had already given me. So, I returned the modem, taking a couple hours out of my day because they wouldn't let me ship it back. The store said the pods would need to be sent from the online help. After Several online chat attempts, and with me being suckered into upgrading again to a 1200 Mbps plan, I still have no pod. I tried chat again today. Half way through, my internet magically went out. I reconnected with my hotspot and was able to get back into the chat. This time a new person assured me they were going to help. They said to please wait a few minutes. So, I've been on the chat for over an hour just today and they just stopped responding.

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

1 month ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 month ago

Hello user_3bvsbh thank you so much for taking the time to relay your experience here on our Xfinity Residential Forums.  For the free XFi Pod, you do have both the XFi Advanced Gateway and XFi Complete. When the gateway is activated, the gateway immediately begins a Whole Home Wi-Fi evaluation and sends monthly reports about the signal strength throughout the home. Based on these evaluations is what determines if you're eligible for the free XFi Boost Pod. 

Xfinity xFi Complete – Whole Home WiFi Evaluation

When you do qualify, you'll receive an email with a link to order the free pod automatically. 

5 Messages

@XfinityAlfonso​ 

it would have been nice to know these facts before I purchased my plan. I never received any instructions. I have certain parts of my house where there is no signal and parts of my home perimeter where the signal does not reach my camera so some of the devices are impossible to connect even for a weak signal. That said my Xfinity app gives me the following message , “

Add a Pod for better coverage

Your test showed some connection issues.

Consider adding a Pod to extend your WiFi network and help eliminate dead spots in your home.”. Also about a third of my devices show weak or fair signal. The whole point of me upgrading to higher speeds is to be able to use that high speed everywhere. The pods are the only way to get a high speed to all locations. The devices that say weak are slow to respond and have very low speed. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

OK, so we've gotten the evaluation results, and it suggests the Boost Pod - there should be a link with that communication to order the pod and have it sent out. Are you able to see that? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

Where would I see this link?  

5 Messages

I have opened the app and I don’t see any kind of link or notification. I also haven’t received a text or email about this. 

5 Messages

27 days ago

I looked back at the original link you posted that talks about the two different emails that I might receive saying whether I qualify or am denied a pod. I have not received a message with either. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you so much for using our Forums and for reaching back out. Our team is here happy to work with you and to see where we are with your wifi in home evaluation. To get started can you send us a DM with your name and address?

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here