Unrealcity's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, April 26th, 2022 12:20 AM

Closed

Devices not listed for returning equipment (getting return label)

I recently moved and need to return my equipment. However, the device list does not come up at all when I try to get a return label, so I can't complete the process of generating a label for home pick up or UPS drop off.

I don't want to end up charged for the equipment because of an Xfinity portal issue! I guess I could bring it to an Xfinity store, but I've been crazy busy after moving.

Thank you,

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 years ago

@Unrealcity     Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Forums today, you are in the right place for assistance. What type of equipment are you trying to return? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityChristy​ I am trying to return the (1) X1 TV/DVR box and the (2) modem/gateway. 

Thank you!

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

Got it! Thank you for letting me know. Due to the recent changes to the account, the device list may not be available. If you take it to a UPS store, they will ensure the equipment gets retuned to the correct account based on Serial Numbers Etc. Also, if you do take it to the store, they can help! If you are charged, we will credit the charges as soon as the equipment is returned. 👍

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Easy for them to say, just drive to a UPS store.  I have so much to do after mom died- xfinity is on the bottom of my list.  After numerous calls that their drop down does not work, they always end with, drive it to a store. I am now passed 220.00 in non-return fees.  It can keep accruing until all the important stuff is done.  Happy I don't have their services.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I am having the exact same issue. Can somebody please help me? I have already wasted a lot of time talking to support agents on chat and the phone. Xfinity keeps transferring me to UPS support, but UPS will NOT accept an Xfinity package without the pre-paid return label. There are NO Xfinity stores in NY where I live so I cannot bring my equipment to a store.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

The cable box I have stopped working last week. I received a new cable box on Saturday. The return label Vinnie told me would be included with the new cable box was not included. There is no Xfinity store or UPS Store anywhere near me. (Xfinity closed the facility that was within a 30-minute walk from my home within six week of coming into town and assuring the city council it had no plans of closing the facility in town.) When I go https://customer.xfinity.com/devices/returns/new today to print the return label Vinnie did not send me, I get the option to return the cable box I received Saturday and the new modem I received a couple months ago. I do not get the option to return the nonfunctioning cable box. This is not the first time I've had trouble with this return system. I had much trouble printing a return label for the old modem, and customer service gave me quite the runaround in trying to return it. (That's why I specifically asked Vinnie if the return label would come with the new cable box.) On a related note, why is everything connected with Comcast/Xfinity such an ordeal?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hey @user_b525c1, thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our Forums. We apologize you are having trouble getting a return label. When the site is only showing the new device, that typically means it hasn't been updated which box is being used. I can certainly help get that updated so it shows the right box to return. Can you send us a direct message so I can help?

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here