U

Monday, September 2nd, 2024 3:08 PM

Customer Reward Program.... scam?

I have received the same popup 3 days in a row now on both my work and home laptops.  I've tried blocking it, but I still receive it.  Seems fishy to me.

[Edited: "Phishing email/Image"]

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

14 days ago

Thank you for taking the time to reach out about this. We have our Customer Security Assurance experts that help with these type of cases. We ask that you please report this on their site over at https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse.

(edited)

1 Message

How about directing us to a solution?

Thanks 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

My colleague Eva provided a solution my friend. Our Customer Security Assurance is our group that addresses phishing spam. I know for starters that they are going to advise to clear all the cache and cookies from the web browser history. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

That solution does not work Thomas it keeps happening on Chrome & Edge on windows PC's.

YOU need to address this with your management!!  This is NOT a user problem it is happening to MANY of YOUR customers.

1 Message

@user_lozev3​ Yes, need a solution!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

14 days ago

The "chanceencounterline" hostname in the address bar should tell you that this is a scam, an attempt to steal your info and/or money.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

3 Messages

@BruceW​  The URL it's using for me on a Mac using Sonic is luckystreakzone . life.

Lame.

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

11 days ago

I get this too on multiple Windows PC's but ONLY when Im browsing ESPN.com

It make NO sense that it only happens on 1 site & if I clear that sites cache it comes back.

This is something with comcast.....

(edited)

1 Message

I have the same issue with ESPN.com.

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

Thanks for reaching out to us, user_0u0q1n! Have you tried running any type of anti-malware or antivirus software to see if it picks up on anything that could be causing this pop-up to happen?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

I am experiencing the same pesky pop-u and only while on ESPN.com.  XFininty needs to address and eliminate this malware.

Official Employee

• 

915 Messages

Hi there, @user_657nhs! Have you run any anti-virus/anti-malware applications on your device? Clearing cache and cookies would be a helpful option as well. 

1 Message

@user_0u0q1n​ Yes, me too, on ESPN. It claims to be from Xfinity Customer Reward Program and all I have to do to claim a reward is answer 9 questions.

2 Messages

10 days ago

I am also getting pop up’s on ESPN site only. 🙁

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_yex18r Thank you for sharing your experience. Are there any troubleshooting steps you have already tried? This helps in know where we should pick up. 

5 Messages

Happening on my ESPN visits as well.  How do we stop this from occurring?

1 Message

9 days ago

I am receiving this as well. This is not an isolated incident. There is something wrong on your end.

1 Message

9 days ago

the malware is able to determine Xfinity customers by the IP we use not likely an Xfinity problem but they might be able to block it, ESPN needs to address this!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 days ago

Same here, only on ESPN while using Xfinity internet, just the latest Xfinity frustration. 

5 Messages

Agreed. Same. Forcing its way in on ESPN Site

2 Messages

9 days ago

I am having the same problem with ESPN.  For all the money I have paid xfinity over the years it would be nice if they could fix this at their end without giving the customer suggestions about what to try

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

They are an embarrassment top to bottom.......

How long have we waited for modern upload speeds on Gig Service.

This issue is just icing on the cake.  They are trying to say all of our PC's are infected ROFL!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

954 Messages

Hello user_31b7qd. Can you tell me a little more about the issue you are having with ESPN?

2 Messages

Same problem that everyone else is describing.  When i go on ESPN and a few other sites, I get an unwanted pop-up that consumes the whole page and requires me to click a bunch of links to get some sort of Xfinity customer service reward.  It appears to be a scam but makes navigating on the web almost impossible.

Official Employee

• 

954 Messages

user_31b7qd Is this while using a desktop computer? I would adjust your security settings with your web browser, to block pop-ups.

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

@user_31b7qd​ Don't click on the Scam Add, just close the window.

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

9 days ago

Fyi magically as this thread has blown up today, I haven't seen the popup happen in 3 hours and I have been betting on college football & of course checking scores on espn.com.

What everyone elses status?

1 Message

9 days ago

Same problem. Have bitdefender but it doesnt detect any malware. Below is the link of the popup.

[Edited: "Phishing link"]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 days ago

For me it pops up almost immediately on ESPN on my Safari browser but not on Firefox browser. I have been on ESPN for more than 5 minutes and no pop up?

Official Employee

• 

853 Messages

leeh746 what pops up if you could provide a few more details?

(edited)

1 Message

9 days ago

I haven't seen any fixes that work. I've tried scanning my system with Norton and Malwarebytes and clearing my browsing data, with no positive results. I wonder if ESPN's site is compromised. There are past instances of this according to the searches I've done. I'm going to try using ESPN in incognito mode on Chrome to see if that helps.

1 Message

9 days ago

you can't rid of it...makes espn unusable

2 Messages

8 days ago

Happened to me for ESPN on Chrome last night.  Multiple times.  No problem with Firefox.  I shut laptop down and it seemed to go away in Chrome

5 Messages

happening on ESPN Site as well.  Wondering how to stop this

1 Message

8 days ago

Having the same issue as all other users here. Cleared my cache, cookies, browsing history, filed with the courts to legally change my name, moved to a different address, had facial reconstruction surgery... went to the ESPN site and bang! up pops the Xfinity answer-these-9-questions scam...

2 Messages

Ha well said, same issue here this is maddening

I am running Mac, using Google Chrome and totally uninstalled Chrome (includeing "Delete your profile information" as described by Google) and the problem came right back.  Maddening!

5 Messages

I am running on MacBook... using Safari.. ESPN site visits, movement through it -full page take over and scam-like presence here.  How do we get this to stop? @Xfinity - any answers here?

Official Employee

• 

730 Messages

Hey there, user_9500dd! Thank you so much for reaching out to us here on the Xfinity Forums! I appreciate you sharing all the details with us regarding the pop-up that is happening. We do recommend reaching out to our Customer Security Assurance Team to report the phishing/scam. You can find their information here. Please let us know if you have any other questions/concerns. 

1 Message

This is happening to me constantly for the last few days. Someone needs to address the issue

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here