U

Wednesday, July 10th, 2024 4:01 PM

Complaint Regarding Service Outage, Misinformation from Customer Service Agents, and Inadequate Compensation

I am writing to express my extreme dissatisfaction with the recent service interruption and the inadequate compensation offered by Xfinity. As a customer of 11 years, I expect a higher level of service and accountability. Unfortunately, my recent experience has been anything but satisfactory.

On July 5, 2024, all of my Xfinity services, including internet, security system, and streaming box, went down. I immediately called customer service, and an appointment was scheduled for Saturday, July 6. To ensure someone was available to meet the technician, I paid an employee to be at my house from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM.

On the morning of Saturday, July 6, I received a text message indicating that the appointment had been rescheduled for July 10. Confused, I called customer service and was reassured by a representative that the appointment was still set for July 6 between 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM. Despite this confirmation, 3:00 PM passed without any technician arriving. When I called back, I was informed that the appointment on July 6 was a waitlist appointment and that a technician would not be available until July 10.

By this point, I was incredibly frustrated. I was supposed to receive callbacks from two managers, which never occurred. Additionally, I had been given conflicting information multiple times. On Sunday, in an attempt to resolve the issue myself, I sent a family member to the Xfinity store to pick up a new modem. This effort was unsuccessful.

From Friday to Monday, I had no internet, security, or streaming services, resulting in significant inconvenience and loss of work. As a professional who relies heavily on internet access to perform my job duties, I had to find an alternative location to work on Monday, July 8. Furthermore, I paid $100 to an employee to be present at my home for the original appointment on July 6, which turned out to be non-existent.

On Monday, July 8, my wife managed to schedule another appointment for 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM. A technician finally arrived, discovered the issue outside, and restored our internet service. However, the cumulative disruption had already caused a considerable impact.

On July 10, I contacted Xfinity through the chat feature to discuss compensation for the service outage and the inconvenience caused. I was offered a $40 credit, which is entirely unacceptable given the circumstances. I have had to explain this situation repeatedly over the past five days, and $40 does not even begin to cover the costs incurred or the inconvenience experienced.

This situation has not only caused a significant financial burden but has also affected me mentally. The constant frustration, the need to repeat my story multiple times, and the lack of adequate support have taken a toll on my mental well-being. It has caused unnecessary stress and anxiety, impacting my ability to focus and perform my job effectively. The level of service I have received has taken me out of my usual character, making me more irritable and stressed than I typically am.

As someone who works in the insurance industry, I am well aware of the need for exceptions and adequate compensation in customer service. $40 is not sufficient for the time, frustration, and mental distress this issue has caused. Gone are the days when Xfinity had a monopoly on internet services in my area. If Xfinity cannot provide reasonable compensation, I will be compelled to switch to a different service provider, such as Glo Fiber, which has recently become available in my area. The following tenured accounts will also be leaving:

• [Edited: "Personal Information"]
  • (will update with more acct # as I receive them)

I know it’s a mere drop in the bucket, but I have already told these individuals about my experience over the last few days. These individuals have also had experiences like mine and it will not take much persuasion at all because little people stick together. It will be my goal for everyone I know in this area to no longer do business with Xfinity. On the other hand I could be letting these individuals know how this situation was corrected.

I expect a prompt and satisfactory resolution to this matter. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss this further.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Kevin [Edited: "Personal Information"]

3 Messages

3 months ago

Some of the many names that I spoke and chatted with that I failed to include:
[Edit PII - name]

[Edit PII - name]

[Edit PII - name]

[Edit PII - name]

[Edit PII - name]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

3 months ago

Hello, user_d2c69d thank you for taking time out of your day to create a post. This is not the experience we want you to have, and working from home myself I completely understand where you're coming from in regard to the stress that occurs when your home network isn't working as intended.

There has been construction ongoing behind, and directly across the street from me. Over the past 2 weeks, they have cut my the neighborhood line twice and today knocked out our power for around 2 hours. I've been without service for large amounts of time recently, and can relate to the frustration. 

I do want to bring attention to the Xfinity Forums guidelines, and make sure you're aware that posting PII (such as names and account numbers) goes against guidelines and will be edited out of public facing posts. If you need to review the guidelines here is a great link:

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/guidelines/xfinity-forum-guidelines/602da8fdc5375f08cd20b38c

I also want to help get the proper expectations set up that with residential service agreement, when services aren't working we will credit for any time they aren't working. We don't credit for lost wages, or mental anguish. Credits are based of the monthly rate of service, divided by the 30 day billing period, times the number of days service was out.

Due to the timeframe of the appointment being worked, if you were billed for the technician visit that is something I can get reversed. Did you receive a notification the $100 charge will appear on the next statement? 

3 Messages

3 months ago

I do not accept this response as satisfactory. I would like to escalate this message.

Can you please provide me with the steps on how to do so? Is there an email address you can provide? 

What does the construction mentioned in the response have to do with my issue?

My issue is "Accountability". 

If a tech is coming out to my home and I'm not there when they arrive what is the charge? 

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

user_d2c69d We're always looking for ways to improve as a company, and getting value feedback on where we can improve is helpful. I can make sure to pass along feedback of the experience to our corporate experts to ensure training can be provided. 

I was trying to relate to your no service, as I've been in your shoes recently and understand how it can take a toll when services aren't working. That is why I mentioned what has been happening in my neighborhood. 

To answer the question if you're not home when the technician arrives and it's an inside work related job. The order will be closed as not home/no access and there will be no charge for the visit. 

Since I will need to gather some information that we don't want in our public conversation to locate your account to find the agent information to send for coaching accountability. When you have time please send a direct message: 

To send a direct message: 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble  

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

3 months ago

user_d2c69d I really appreciated your time working with me, and I made sure to get the feedback submitted for the experience. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, so we know where we can make improvements. 

We're available 7 days a week between 6 am - 12 am ET for employee support over Xfinity Forums. Have a good rest of your day, and upcoming weekend. 

1 Message

4 days ago

Am in Cape Coral Fl. Any idea when the services will be restored? After the hurricane Milton we had internet not the service went out since yesterday but the are not giving any updates. 

Official Employee

• 

805 Messages

user_c1i5a1 Hello, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. I am really sorry you are experiencing a service interruption in your area. I understand how frustrating it is, and I am happy to look into more information regarding the ongoing service interruptions in your area. 

Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here