U

Tuesday, December 19th, 2023 10:54 PM

Closed

Comcast-XFinity Even Worse than Their Reputation

If that's at all possible. I was a Comcast-Xfinity customer for five years until this past April. I couldn't justify $140 per month pre-covid to $260 post-covid. I was very ambivalent to use Comcast because of their horrific reputation. Nonetheless, I went with Comcast because the options in my area of New Jersey were limited, and they allegedly were making strides in customer service. That idea is preposterous and beyond laughable. Judging from their 1.9 star rating with the Better Better Business Bureau and Consumer Affairs ( frankly, that is high; Trust Pilot is 1.1) [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

After two weeks,  3 hours worth of phone calls, and nine Comcast "customer service" agents, I'm at the end of the line and filing suit against them in NJ civil court. After disconnecting my service with a customer service agent and paying the final bill-which is customary-I thought our relationship was over. Apparently, Comcast had a change of heart. Several months later, I received a notification for a "early termination fee"  of $200 even though I had been a five-year customer. After four years with Comcast, I moved to around the corner, but with one less television as part of the service.  What does Comcast do? Why, charge $200 after the fact with no mention of it when paying final bill. No sms notification/text message which I was signed up for, no emails. I checked all digital history. As a result of this bogus collection due to their malfeasance, my FICO score dropped 85 points from over 800. A recent derogatory and collection will result in tens of thousands of dollars in extra interest payments, if a consumer can get credit in the current restrictive environment. 

I spoke to nine agents on the phone. You know how that goes, having to repeat your story over and over. After several rounds of passing the buck: Lane, Tony,Ashley, Sam, Henry,Brandon, Eve, Travis and Lee, not only did Comcast not do what they said they'd do: Remove $200 fee that was wrongly applied; Update in their system which will result being updated in collection agency system and my credit file with credit reporting agencies; send me an email confirming our discussion and call me to confirm details, I found out today from "supervisor" Lee that there are no notes or records of our discussions after every agent saying their were indeed notes and three hours of phone calls. I even referred agents to the notes. One agent named Eve even admitted the original agent made a mistake. Moreover, today's supervisor Lee stated the $200 fee was transferred to "Credit Collection Services" a third party Collection agency.  Laughably, Credit Collection Services stated they have no record.  [Edited: "Inflammatory"]   The fact that we are here is an indictment of Comcast's sheer amateurish, if not fraudulent, conduct.  Something they couldn't owe up to and rectify likely will now go to civil court and seek damages exceeding six figures due to any and all extra payments in interest  for mortgages, auto loans, personal loans, credit cards, etc, and any reduction in purchase power and reduction in credit lines because of a reduced FICO score and any potential loss of employment because of derogatory marks on my credit file.  All over a $200 fee applied incorrectly after the fact.Absurdly ridiculous. 

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

10 months ago

The concern is not "Home Security / Rules And Automations" help related. Topic moved here to the proper help section, and for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

10 months ago

@user_4u8j90 Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum about this billing concern. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

Please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address.
To send a "Direct Message" message:
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

The incompetence, incompetence and arrogance of XFinity is astounding. After advising me to send them a direct message with my contact information, it's almost three months later and not only is there no resolution, I receive this message upon sending a direct message on their direction: 

"Hello there! Thank you so much for sending us a private message over our Forums. We truly appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and we are here to help you get this working properly. Please note that sending unsolicited private messages to myself or any other user is a direct violation of our forum guidelines. You must first create a Public post requesting assistance, and once a Comcast verified employee responds and asks for a private message to be sent, you can then proceed with doing so. Please create a Public post and our team will be happy to collaborate on a resolution. We appreciate your time and you being understanding". 

This is why Xfinity's customer service ratings are in the tank. As a side note, I also was sent a response to send my cell phone contact about a month ago in order to verify my identity, after previously sending all my contact information.  Nonetheless, I forwarded my contact information; again, awaiting a response.

Still no contact from them. This is why we will wind up in court. The bumbling and incompetence is absurd. Stay away. FAR AWAY.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here