B

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, December 17th, 2021 5:05 AM

Closed

Comcast IPv6 DNS Server 2001:558:feed::1 Reporting INCORRECT IP Address

I would like to know where the Comcast IPv6 servers are getting their IPv4 addresses? Specifically, the 2001:558:feed::1 server is reporting the IP address of a public site that I own incorrectly. The normal Comcast DNS Servers reports the correct IP. I had to troubleshoot an SSL error for one of my customers on their computer because their browser continually reported my site as a phishing site, and would not allow my client to hit my site. I had to add an entry to their hosts file to directly map the correct IP to the domain name for them not to get a phishing scam alert from Google Chrome. Qualys SSL Labs reports my site with an A for SSL security. Somehow, the 2001:558:feed::1 IPv6 DNS server is trying to redirect my website to some other IP. This behavior seems EXTREMELY fishy to me. Domain name is registered through GoDaddy, and the DNS is handled by GoDaddy's DNS servers, which points to my IP address where the site is hosted. The site is actually hosted on a Comcast Business connection. I would like to speak directly with a representative or engineer, and then I will provide the site URL and IP address.

Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @BuckeyeNut74 thank you so much for contacting our Xfinity Support team on forums. We are happy to take a look into your service concerns to see how we can help. We know how important it is for your clients to have access to those sites. To get started please select the "peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page), click the "new message" icon, type/select "Xfinity Support", and then type/send your name with the service address.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Im experiencing the samething . How was your issue solved. Can you please post updates. To help me and others

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

Hi, @user_20457f. Thank you for taking the time to comment on this issue. It is very important to us that everything is working correctly for you and your clients. With that said, we would be happy to look into this for you. Please select the "peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page), click the "new message" icon, type/select "Xfinity Support", and then type/send your name with the service address so that we can assist you further. We appreciate your time and we look forward to your response. 

I no longer work for Comcast

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here