sumabo's profile

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Monday, March 21st, 2022 4:00 PM

Closed

Close my comcast email account

I have changed my primary email to get notices. I would like to close my Comcast email account, please. I no longer use it. I have been checking it for any stray addresses that I may have forgotten to change over--I think I've got them all.

As for the items in the deleted but recoverable bin--I don't want them. I deleted them for a reason.

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

2 years ago

Greetings, @sumabo. First and foremost, I hope you're having a great day. This is an excellent question. Just to confirm, is the email address that you're trying to delete also the primary username for your account? If so, it cannot be deleted because It is your sign-in credential for your account. If it is a secondary username/email you can erase it by following the step-by-step instructions provided in this link. Please let me know if you have any questions or if you run into any issues with the link. 

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Hi "Xfinity Luis",

There is no edit tab for the comcast email, so I'm unable to use it. I have changed the primary email address for notifications, etc, as mentioned and am able to log in using it.

In the forum I read something about the email account will just close with lack of use. If that is true, what if it still gets spam? Will that keep it going?

I don't want to have to check it all of the time to clear it out. I have switched everything over that I can think of from the comcast account, so I shouldn't get any email from regular sources.

Thank you for any suggestions...

Problem Solver

• 

411 Messages

As long as you have active Comcast services, your email will remain active- even if you don't use it. The account closes after 90 days of no use- if your account is closed. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

That is so arrogant of Comcast, there are people in this world that for various reasons, work related or other reasons, don't want a unused  email accounts Yet Comcast forces you to have one.

(edited)

Expert

• 

30.5K Messages

@Tgeo​ 

If you don't use the @comcast.net account it will eventually be suspended and become unusable.  The only way it remains active is if you check it.  Just ignore it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here