Rv2022's profile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, April 6th, 2022 11:11 PM

Closed

Change of status of under construction house

How long does xfinity take to change status of the house under construction to active after closing date?

seems to take forever in our case with no ETA

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

Hello, @Rv2022, how are you? Congratulations on the new house! Situations vary so we can't provide an exact answer, I apologize. If construction is needed on our end that is typically a longer process. If infrastructure already exists near your home than it's possible it won't take as long to connect your home. Have we already reviewed your location for serviceability and is the house already built? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityJosephA​ 

as stated earlier the house is already built and closing was completed in March 2022. There is outstanding ticket open since 3/4 which a due date of 3/11 but none of xfinity employees are bothering to act on it. There are atleast 12 calls made and one visit to local xfinity center. We have shared photos of xfinity setup ready for all 8 houses in out community and proof that utilities have started at the address too but no one seems to care and act on it.

Is there no process for escalation in your company?  

here is the ticket number for reference 

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

259 Messages

Based on all that you've shared, I can definitely understand how upsetting, and frustrating it's been to try to get service started at your newly built home.

As this is our public forum, I highly suggest removing the ticket number, and sharing it with us in a private message. It'd be my pleasure to assist further assist with pushing the ticket along. 

To send a private message, you may need to:

• Click "Sign In"
  • Click the "direct message" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sent 

hopefully someone will give a response than the standard template answers that we will get back to you in 24 hrs and then no one bothers to respond

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here