U

Wednesday, May 15th, 2024 1:07 PM

Can't find xfinity ID because address isn't recognized

Hi,

I nee to retrieve my xfinity ID in order to log into my account. When I try to look up my xfinity ID, xfinity says that my address isn't recognized. When I put in my phone number, I get this error code:

HTTP header is larger than 10240 bytes.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

2 months ago

@user_7c9ur3 thanks for your post. We are happy to help you. Did you try to clear your cache and cookies then try again? 

5 Messages

Thanks for your help. I cleared my cache and tried again. This time, after entering my phone number, xfinity prompted me to verify the address on my account. It then said that it didn't recognize the address. 

EDIT: To add further context, I have two accounts. One is for my old address, which I am able to sign into and which is no longer an active account I am using that account to post here). One is for my current address. I am not able to log into this account.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_7c9ur3 Of course! Thanks for the added context. Do you know if when you started your new account your Xfinity ID was transferred over? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

I don't think so. If I go to my account settings, I see two old addresses but not my current address, and it says that the account is inactive. I think the new account (1) has a different xfinity ID; (2) does not have an xfinity ID at all; or (3) somehow got deleted (but I still have wifi and am being billed, so I doubt it). 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_7c9ur3 Let's take a closer look. Please send us your full name and complete address in a direct message:

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

Thank you! I just sent a direct message. Alternatively, I am just trying to cancel my account because I am moving. If there is a way to do without logging in, that would work for me too. I have my address, name, and router info. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here