U

Wednesday, May 8th, 2024 10:20 PM

cancelling

Hi, I want to cancel my Xfinity internet service but I keep getting the message "There aren't any chat agents available right now" from Xfinity Assistant.  I also submitted a cancellation form but didn't receive a call back.

Is there any way to just cancel this online?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

4 months ago

user_qy6yyi Thank you so much for using Forums and for contacting our team. We are happy to help you make the changes you are looking to make to the account. To get started can you send us a DM with your full name and service address? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

This stock message for "direct Message" is no longer accurate. There is no "Direct message" icon in the upper right. Comments further down suggest that this feature must be "unlocked" by Xfinity to be used..

Everything about the xfinity support experience demonstrates an utter disrespect if not blatant antagonism towards the customers. The mobile app does not login (iphone), the support forum is filled with repeated stock messages from scripted responders, the "support" search pages for canceling are incapable of actually canceling service, suggesting that you can do so by MAIL?!?, or if you're lucky you can try to schedule a call with support (comments below suggest this is an understaffed nightmare of hours of holding and transferring)...again if you're lucky, more likely the schedule-a-callback support page will not function and instead gives an error message dead end "We're having some trouble scheduling your callback."

Every step is deliberately setup to block, delay, confuse, and disadvantage their customers. While I bear no ill will to the individual support staff who must inevitably handle these requests, I feel strongly that Xfinity and the (likeley outsourced) user experience team they hired, should be absolutely ashamed of this situation. If xfinity were making any attempt whatsoever to provide a baseline of customer support, it would simply enable the ability to cancel services online. No phone call, no appointments, certainly not mailing in requests...

I'm venting my frustrations here because no other venue seems to exist within Xfinity's domain for providing feedback..

(edited)

4 Messages

I couldn't have said this better myself.  This has been my experience.  I would not refer anyone to Xfinity and I'm a member of the Gold loyalty program...for the moment. 

Doug!

2 Messages

Yea, I need that activated for DM also. Because there is no option for it. Please......

I need to cancel service also.

1 Message

2 months ago

@xfinityJorge I need to cancel my Xfinity Internet service, too. I already talked to two reps and spent over 3 hours, yet my Xfinity service isn't canceled. I don't know what else to do. I just need the internet service to be canceled. I don't even live in that old address anymore.

5 Messages

@user_raczzt​ 

Well they want your money every month and I am on the same boat and I am not sure when I can cancel all of my XFINITY services..

If I cannot in a few months, I will resort to something else.  Even getting a transfer code from Xfinity to move my cell phones

took a lot of time.  Oh boy, does Xfinity knows how to spell "customer"

2 Messages

Hi guys, after creating this post the Xfinity rep unlocked direct messaging for me on the forums. From there I was able to message them with my info and got it cancelled without having to call. Hope this helps

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hi, @user_6f54aq thanks for talking with us within our forum community. It's never easy to learn you want to cancel, but our team here can help you. We can always close an account or make any changes to your subscription as needed.

In addition to calling us at 1-800-Xfinity you can send us a Direct Message as mentioned in the thread. You can use the Direct Messaging icon at the top of the page to send your name and service address to "Xfinity Support." It's next to the bell icon on the right side of the page. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

Yea, I need that activated for DM also. Because there is no option for it. Please......

I need to cancel service also.

Official Employee

• 

708 Messages

user_vh83s8 Do you see the chat Icon?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

2 months ago

ok Folks.  There is no way that I can cancel my Xfinity services online.  right.. I need to call

and wait for an hour going thru the maze to get an agent.  WHAT A PITY..  I want i cancell Xfinity and

be done with this company for ever and there is no way to cancel it online. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here