U

Monday, August 19th, 2024 12:31 AM

cancel service

Amazingly circuitous process...i want to cancel service.  Been circling through phone/chat/xfinity bot.  I'm assuming making the process incredibly difficult must be calculated to retain business for those who get so frustrated they just give up. Can I please just cancel?  Also, when you reply Xfinity employee, there's not a "DM" button on the forum to reply and get quick help.  Maybe too many people found that & they ditched in in favor of the phone/chat/bot runaround? 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

2 months ago

Good evening @user_fognu9, and thank you for reaching out to our dedicated Communities team on our Forums, we appreciate your time and apologize for the frustrating experience as this is never how we want you to feel. We are sorry to hear that you are looking to cancel your service but respect your decision and see that you are having trouble cancelling through the phone or chat options. We don't want to make this process more frustrating and assure you that our team is here to help. 

We can sssist with processing your cancellation. In order to do so, we'll just need to collect a few pieces of sensitive information. To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account?

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

I see that you have had trouble accessing the DM option previously, do the steps above help? Or, have you tried switching web browsers or clearing cache and cookies? Please also make sure that you are signed in. Rest assured, our team is here to help. 

4 Messages

Nope...still not a direct message chat icon.  Do you have a screen shot?  Looks like hundreds of folks can't find it, so it might help all of us.

4 Messages

Here's what customers see.  No direct message chat icon.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Unfortunately @user_fognu9, we don't have a way of uploading a screenshot here. It should be in the upper right hand corner once you have logged in. May I ask what web browser you are using? We do recommend Google Chrome. Have you also tried an alternate device?

Please also be aware the Direct Messaging icon for private messages doesn't appear until you have made your first post. You should be able to see it as long as you are logged in to the Forums and you may need to reload the page. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

23 days ago

I've also tried canceling by phone (got the run around) and chat was useless. Does messaging them here even work or do they respond telling you to call in.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here