U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 18th, 2021 11:42 PM

Closed

Cancel Service

Moving to a state that isn't serviced by Comcast / Xfinity - need to cancel service. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

How to you communicate with a human being at Xfinity? 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, @user_17ea2e. I understand you are relocating to an area that is outside the Xfinity footprint, and you need to cancel services. I'm sorry to hear you need to leave but I'm here to help. I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner on your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can search for "Xfinity Support" to direct the message. Please add your first and last name to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@user_17ea2e

Also, just an FYI, if you're cancelling and you're in a contract you may have to pay an early termination fee.

If you are under a contract and you need to cancel service, you may be subject to an early termination fee (ETF).

•    If you move to a Comcast serviceable area, and transfer service, you are not charged.
  •    If you move to a Comcast serviceable area, and do not sign up for service, then the ETF would apply.
  •    If you move to a non-Comcast serviceable area, then the ETF does apply.
  •    If it is an active duty military deployment, then the ETF will be waived when you send documentation.
  •    If the account holder is deceased, the ETF will be waived upon receiving a death certificate or obituary.
  •    If you downgrade service, then the ETF will not apply.
  •    If you have a Double/Triple Play and remove all but one service, then the ETF will not apply.
  •    If you cancel all services while under contract then the ETF will apply.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here