M

Wednesday, May 22nd, 2024 10:09 PM

Best Internet Plan for WFH & Tech Heavy-ish Home??

I am trying to choose an internet plan and don't know what we need mbps-wise. This will be my first time owning a home & paying for my own internet service, and Xfinity/Comcast is really the only provider in my area. Details about my situation:

- I work from home via company laptop and 2 monitors. HEAVY data usage, i.e. Zoom, graphics editing, coding, etc. Work VPN/network bounces from FL to a server in CO to me in WA, then back again for most work activity. So my work laptop is already slowed down by this, hence why I have it connected directly to ethernet. Will likely do the same in my new house. 

- personal Victus HP laptop used for life stuff and sometimes gaming.

- printer connected via wifi, used semi-regularly

- 2 iPhones used regularly. I use mine quite heavily.

- 1 iPad, used by other person quite heavily.

- 3 TVs: 1 per bedroom, 1 in living room. All used daily, mainly in evenings. 

- Nest AC/Heat system - I'm assuming this uses wifi? 

I'm thinking of choosing either the 800mbps "Superfast" plan for $75/mo, or the 1000mbps "Gigabit" plan for $85/mo. I will likely buy my own modem and router. 

Any advice? 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

24 days ago

Hey there, Megan1441, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your new services and internet speeds. Congrats on your new house! That is so exciting and we really appreciate you choosing Xfinity! We definitely want to ensure you have the right speeds for your needs. Here is a link with the details of our speed tiers, https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service. I would recommend at least the Superfast speed tier with the 800 Mbps. If you are doing a lot of gaming online you might want something faster or depending on your work load. 

You can also always try out a speed tier and upgrade later if the speeds are not working properly for you. Let us know if you have any other questions or need help with getting your services set up!  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here