M

Monday, April 29th, 2024 5:15 PM

Automated chat unhelpful and will not transfer to an agent

The phone support is equally abysmal. It just keeps you running in circles. How can one speak to an actual agent?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

6 months ago

@mdurian Thanks for your feedback. We are here to help you. Whats going on? 

2 Messages

6 months ago

First, let’s address the question at hand, since I’m sure others would like to know too. How does one bypass the automated chat reach an actual agent?

This forum isn’t a good option since it is impossible to post from a desktop. One can enter a topic, but the description box is greyed out and won’t let you type in it. I am using an iPad to type this and even then had to jump through hoops to post. The forum links on the main page are unclickable.

As to my problem that initiated the support frustration - I’d like someone to explain to me why my monthly bill increased from $60 to $96.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@mdurian Thanks for the feedback. We are constantly working to improve our customers experience. Should you desire to reach an agent you can always call 1-800-XFINITY.

For forums you can create a post and get help from Experts or Xfinity agents. Should we need to investigate deeper we will ask you to send us a Direct Message. Now that we know you are wondering about your monthly billing we are happy to work with you in our messages. Please send your full name and complete address. Here is how you can send us a direct message:

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

This work flow is hot garbage.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here