U

Tuesday, June 25th, 2024 5:18 PM

Asking for help

I setup internet service for my mother 3 days ago. The speed was good and service was nice. Starting yesterday morning around 10 am, interruption occurred and estimated fixing time was 5 hours. Around 1:30 pm, we got message saying that the service was resumed. However yellow lights were still blinking. Calling tech and was told the outage happened again after it was just fixed. Then another 5 hour, got a message, service was resumed, but still not working. Called tech, same story, outage happened again. After 24 hours, the story is still the same, However the estimated waiting time is 24 hours! 
if the service would be truly resumed, the outage would last 48 hours. My mother need the WiFi to monitor her heart condition, she really need the service for her medical needs. She can’t afford to have no service for 2 days. 

Can management help out in this situation?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

29 days ago

@user_005jvs We are here to help you and your Mother. I also have parents that have health concerns so I would be reaching out if I were in your shoes too. Our team is a dedicated team that will investigate the connection. One thing I do want to make clear is our service is intended for entertainment purposes so for something like a heart monitor it would be best to look into a utility company for a connection. This is what my father had to do as he has a pacemaker. That being said please feel free to send us your full name and the complete address in a direct message. Here are the steps for contacting us:

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

4 Messages

My mother’s internet connection resumed early morning. I would like to thank Peter and Comcast support team’s help to resume the service, appreciated.
We hope the service is stable in the future.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_005jvs Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to hear that your mother’s internet connection has been restored. We are committed to providing exceptional service and are happy we could assist in resolving the issue. Your appreciation means a lot to us.

We understand the importance of a stable internet connection and we are dedicated to ensuring reliable service for you and your family. Our team is here 7 days a week. Thank you once again for your feedback and for choosing Xfinity.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here