glhartzog's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, January 28th, 2024 1:34 AM

Closed

Adding service to a second home

Good evening.  My wife and I have purchase a new home in the same general area as our current home.  It is going to several months for us to move between the two houses.

We would like to have our Xfinity services available in both houses during the transition and then stop service at the old home once we finish moving.

I have looked online and it seems like Comcast does have way to deal with this type of request but it is not accessed through typical channels.

Can someone point me to the correct department or person to talk to and get this done?

Thank you!

[Edited: Personal Information]

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

8 months ago

Hey @glhartzog, thanks for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums and congratulations on the new house! Basically how it works is either we can our you can on the website create a new account at the new home. If the house has never had service or been in our system, that would be something we would need to do on our end. When the time comes that your ready for just one account at the new address, we can either cancel the new account and transfer service to the new one so you keep your tenure with us or just cancel the old account. I can certainly help get you set up if you can send us a direct message.

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here