JS-'s profile

Contributor

• 

108 Messages

Wednesday, August 4th, 2021 2:00 PM

Closed

2-Year Contract Ending Soon

Hello,

My current 2-year contract will be ending soon, and I would like to find a lower priced solution. When I shop for lower priced options on the XFinity site, I do not see anything. And there are no TV only deals. I do like the bundled services I have now, especially my TV channel lineup, but need to lower my bill a little.

Would anyone be willing to help me with a solution? Is there anything like the current bundled services (TV & Internet) I have now, but for a lower price? If not, can I keep my current channel lineup and get on a lower Internet plan to lower my bill some? I'm not asking to get anything for free, just need to lower my bill a little to make things easier on me.  

Not sure if it matters or not, but I've been with Comcast for a very long time, and have never been late with a payment. 

I asked this question a month ago and had someone that was going to help me, but they never followed through after I sent them the requested info. So I am going to try one more time. I appreciate your help, and will respond back as soon as I can.

Thank you very much.

Contributor

• 

108 Messages

3 years ago

Good, grief! Does anyone want to help? 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Good morning JS- and thank you for reaching out to our Digital Care Team on our forums. We'd be happy to help look into promotional offers with you today to see how we can help reduce your bill. To get started,  please send us a direct chat message with your full name and service address to Xfinity Support. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

108 Messages

@XfinityAlyssaA PM sent. Thanks for helping.

Contributor

• 

108 Messages

Yes, I really like my current bundled services, especially my TV lineup. I do not want more channels, that is more than what I watch now, and it has the few sports channels I like. As I said in my original post, I'd like to keep those channels, and if the only way to lower my bill is to drop Internet speed, I will do so. Unless y'all would let me keep what I have now at a slightly lowered rate. Or get on another promotion that is similar to what I have now. Just need to lower bill a little is all.

Thanks

Contributor

• 

108 Messages

I truly wish Comcast would allow it's customers more freedom to build their own plans. Might even keep some from leaving all together.

Contributor

• 

108 Messages

I apologize, I didn't see your reply until I clicked the show all replies link. Yes, I've been with Comcast for ages. And all I want is TV & Internet. I like what I have now, as I mentioned already. I like the news and sports channels I currently have, and have no use for more channels. And I am not a big streamer, but when I do, it's only with one device. I use the internet to keep up with family and friends, occasionally stream, and everything else. Of course I'd like to keep what I have now, but if that isn't possible, I guess I'll drop Internet and just keep the TV. 

Contributor

• 

108 Messages

3 years ago

I just looked and see this offer. Can I get it? Although I wouldn't do paperless billing. If I can get it, what is the total monthly price. Again, I need to lower the bill a little. Everything you've offered is higher than I currently pay. I do appreciate you trying to help.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

It doesn't look like I have that promotion. It may be an online only offer. That being said, I should mention a new program Xfinity launched called Xfinity Rewards Program. It gives perks and discounts for our customer's that have been with us a long time. With you being with us 40 years, that would put you as our highest tier Diamond and has a lot of things our other customer's don't get. Can you check to see if their is a better fitting promotion or discount there? https://comca.st/3CkFLVa is the website to check.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

108 Messages

I'll go look and see. Appreciate your help.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Perfect, thank you for checking. You're welcome and it has been a pleasure. I get every dollar counts and want to help as much as I can. Let me know if you have any questions.

Contributor

• 

108 Messages

Good, grief. I see no better offers even there. Everything is higher. 

My current contract ends on August 14 ( I think). I am just going to have to cancel my service. Do I do that online, or should I do that in my local store when I take the TV box back? The cable modem is mine, only the TV box belongs to Comcast.

Contributor

• 

64 Messages

As a 20+ yr customer I can agree with you.  I spent an hr on the phone with a guy Sunday who offered to lower my bill by $20 with a 3 yr agreement and I would lose all my pay channels except showtime.  I went to the store on Monday & just pulled the trigger on a no agreement 800mbs plan with 220 channels & free Showtime.  Not bad, but now under See All Offers I can drop down to $60 a month with 10 channels & no dvr and 50mbs LOL.  It seems no matter what I will be paying $100-$150 a month.  And Internet only is no option either.  I would suggest you just change to a no agreement plan & then check out the new offers.  I was paying $270 a month.  Sad.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here