U

Tuesday, January 9th, 2024 6:59 PM

Closed

Yet another case of glitchy local broadcast channels in Boston

Hello all,

I'm in Cambridge, MA and am getting glitches and pixellations on local channels WBZ-4 and NBC-10 Boston. All other programs are working, including local broadcast stations 2 and 7.

I have gone through all the online troubleshooting steps, including resets, and have double-checked all the coax cable connections.

One possible issue: This is a recently-renovated duplex. When my downstairs neighbor moved in, Comcast did not pull a second run of cable from the pole. Instead, the tech put in a splitter so my neighbor's data and my data/cable are somehow multiplexed on one piece of cable.

Any thoughts?

Problem Solver

• 

847 Messages

8 months ago

It is probably because they split your signal and caused poor signal levels at your house. WBZ has had issue recently, but they have since been resolved.

I am having a similar issue while I wait for them to make a final connection to my house.

Have @Xfinity Support check your signals and see how they look.

Official Employee

• 

281 Messages

8 months ago

@user_ac9u06 I am happy to look into your signal with you. Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
   • Click "Sign In" if necessary
   • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
   • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
   • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
   • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
   • Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

2 Messages

After working through various troubleshooting steps over direct messaging, Xfinity sent out a technician today. Using his signal strength meter, he was able to diagnose some bad splitters (which he replaced) and a problem in my in-wall wiring. The splitter replacement improved things a lot; hopefully that will be enough as I don't want to have to go up into my attic crawlspace...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here