U

Saturday, January 6th, 2024 1:10 AM

Closed

xre3137 error EVERY NIGHT on NHL Center Ice ... Why?

I used to have an intermittent issue where I would get the XRE-3137 error while watching NHL Center Ice some nights, but not all. Now it's gotten interesting. EVERY NIGHT since 12/22/23, I lose the picture ... at 7:30, 8, 8:30, 9, 9:30, etc. Sometimes it goes out for only 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Sometimes it goes out for the whole night. I called on it twice and got no real solution. I don't call every night now because I also have ESPN+ so if I'm still watching the game, I don't want to interrupt myself for 30 minutes to hear "it should be fine" or "reset your box" (like I haven't done that 100 times!). Wondering if I'm the only person in the world having this problem or if anyone else has had it too and has a solution. That would be super (for the record, the game I'm watching tonight, the picture went out for about 10 seconds at 7:30 and 2 minutes at 8 ... by the time I picked up the phone, it was back on). Thanks for your time.

4 Messages

9 months ago

Update: Happened again tonight right at 7 p.m. for 15 minutes. Came back. Out again at 7:30. I called for assistance and only get the computer voice telling me to reset the box ... which has already been done. I switched from Directv after 26 years because of the cost ... biggest mistake ever. I'll switch back when the contract runs out. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, XFINITY. Horrible. 

1 Message

You’re not alone. - the service has been abysmal. Err after error - recording just stops and rewinds to the start - misses large portions of the game - all 6 recordings on 27 Feb were err and offers to record the next day - what a joke this service is!!! 

4 Messages

9 months ago

One more update ... just to show anyone reading I'm proactive. I tried to use the "Xfinity Assistant" to fix the issue. It said it needed to do a refresh, so it did. Nothing changed. For the last 20 minutes, it has said the following (see attached picture). Again, HORRIBLE customer service and here's the proof.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you very much for reaching out to us here @user_wn2m8s. That is a very frustrating expereince with that Center Ice service and I would be happy to check on that from here for you. Could you send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

9 months ago

Me, too !!!   

C'mon Xfinity, fix this problem NOW !!!

4 Messages

@GaryR1​ sorry that you are having the same problem but also glad it's not just me. sucks, though to have services that don't work. thanks for leaving a comment! 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Thanks for commenting and for your feedback, @GaryR1. We'd like to help troubleshoot your service concerns as well. Are you experiencing the same error message with NHL Center Ice or is it affecting other channels as well? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Did you try rebooting the box manually or through the Xfinity App? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here