Blueteeth's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Saturday, February 1st, 2020 10:00 PM

Closed

XR15 remote with JVC audio amp

I can't seem to find a code for the XR15 that will both control the volume up/down AND the power switch. A number of the listed codes will switch the power, but only one will control the volume, and that code wont control the power switch! Remote I'm trying to emulate is the JVC RM-SA1050U. All ideas appreciated.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

After trying manual code searching without success I re-tried the list of codes supplied for JVC Audio & found that the one that had (last week) only operated the volume control now would also operate the power switch.  I'm wondering if some update to the XR15 SW has occurred, since these were new from package remotes when I first tried to program them last week, but now they have been linked to the DVR box for a week or so.  Anyway, it works now so I'm happy!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Have you tried to find one manually?
using the A+D button, then entering 992, then CH up until it powers off

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Thaks for the idea.

I could try that, but supposing that first code allows power switching but not volume control or vice-versa?  Can I continue through the code set cycle without locking a particular code if I try both commands on each step? 

Remeber that I can get one or the other to work (power or volume), with different codes from the recommended list, but not both with one of the recommended codes for JVC audio.  Maybe i should try codes for other types of JVC devices with power & volume, such as TVs, or would override the power code for my TV (which is from LG)?

BTW, is there a better place to file this issue on this board?  Looks like I put it in the wrong one - I read the meaning of "programming" incorrectly!

Thanks.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here