U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, January 31st, 2024 12:31 AM

Closed

Xfinity won't record full Austrailiann Open tennis matches

I am beyond frustrated at not being able to record full matches of the Australian Open tennis tournament.  I set all live broadcasts to record, but only some of the shows actually record, even though the red record symbol shows on all of them. 

My main complaint is that the men's final recording stopped at the end of the fourth set and we were unable to see the remainder of the match.  This was a great comeback match and, after sitting and watching for almost three hours we were dropped.  No more coverage.  What gives.  When recording sports events the record window says that recordings will continue even if the event goes beyond the scheduled time. That doesn't seem to work, so we manually add the maximum extend time, which for this event was only 90 minutes, not enough.  What gives?  This has happened with other sports as well.  Please give guidance on how to enjoy entire sporting events, especially tennis, without getting dropped before the finish.  Please.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

8 months ago

Good evening @user_54a46d, and thank you for reaching out on our Communities' platform with your DVR issues. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your recordings ending early. May I ask if you have tried any troubleshoot steps so far for example restarting your box? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Of course I have.  What's the problem here?

Official Employee

• 

533 Messages

@user_54a46d Thanks! Send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

8 months ago

Yes, I have  done all the usual troubleshooting tips.  Connections are all good, router has been rebooted numerous times, wi-fi signal is strong, and there are no similar problems when recording other programs.  So, please tell us how to record tennis tournament matches without them being cut off before they are acually over,

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here