U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, July 15th, 2021 1:29 PM

Closed

Xfinity stream on Roku not at home

How do you get your Roku to connect when you're not at home and using another provider

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

3 years ago

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums! Our amazing Xfinity Stream app can only be used on a Roku device if you are connected to your in home network. You can still use the Stream app on mobile devices, however you may not be able to live stream all of the channels or access all of the On Demand programming. I am sorry for any frustration it may cause but I hope this information helps. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityBillie Hi, will this ever change?  I pay over 300 a month for my services, and just carried my Roku to use away from home, but it did not work with xfinity app.  This was quite disappointing.  Why have a user name & log in if I cannot use on different devices?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

@user_e7a897 : Note that only the Stream Beta app is available on Roku, and that it is not the same as the Stream app for phones and tablets.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

This stinks. Some people have TVs in boats and campers and would like to have the service available over signed in net work at the area you are staying at or even using my hotspot. Not a happy camper. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

@user_e7a897 wrote: "... Some people have TVs in boats and campers and would like to have the service available ..."

The only way I know of to do that is with ChromeCast. See https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/cast-xfinity-stream-to-chromecast

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here