U

Thursday, June 20th, 2024 8:42 PM

Xfinity Stream not tuning to MeTV when asked via remote, it's tuning to GRIT

When I asked Xfinity Stream to tune to MeTV via the XUMO voice remote, it's tuning to GRIT.  Can this be fixed?  Located in 48917.

Official Employee

• 

828 Messages

3 months ago

user_db4f4f Have you tried resetting your box to see if that would work? Let us know if it does. 

4 Messages

Yes, I've tried resetting the box and it does not work.  It seems to be a problem with the Xfinity Stream app itself, not the Xumo box.  Seems like GRIT is mapped to the MeTV channel.  The Xfinity Stream app doesn't let me use a channel number, so it's more difficult to tune to MeTV as I can't just ask the remote for it by name.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_db4f4f Thank you for those details. When is the last time you were actually able to access MeTV? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

I can always access MeTV, I just can't use the voice remote to tune to it by asking for MeTV from the voice remote; I have to tune to it manually.  I've just started using the Xfinity Stream app, and haven't been able to make it work with the voice request ever.  It feels like the channel is mismapped somewhere on the Xfinity side.  This is for Lansing, Michigan, 48917.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, @user_db4f4f I'm very sorry for the trouble you are experiencing trying to use the voice remote to view MeTv. When you use the voice remote, do you have problems accessing any other channels using the voice command on your Xfinity Remote.-Richard

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

I can use the voice remote function to access NBC and JTV, just not MeTV.  It always tunes to GritTV when I ask for MeTV.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here