U

Saturday, March 23rd, 2024 11:33 PM

Xfinity bait and switch on MASN

I downgraded my service from Ultimate TV to the Popular TV package earlier this winter. The Xfinity reps assured me that I would still get MASN and MASN2, and I did have these channels until recently. I was able to watch spring training games when they started and now all of a sudden they have taken the channels from me. Now Xfinity is telling me that the only way I can get these channels back is if I upgrade my service which I DO NOT WANT TO DO. I downgraded to save money with the assurance I would get MASN and MASN2 and I cannot afford to have to spend $300 dollars a month for these two channels. This is the absolute worst customer service and a total cash grab by Xfinity. How about doing right by your customers?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

5 months ago

Good evening @user_mtrrgc, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forum with your channel concerns. We understand your frustrations and where you are coming from. I see that you stated you were told you would still get MASN and MASN2 when you moved from Ultimate to Popular TV back earlier this winter. At the time, those channels were included in our Popular TV lineup. Rest assured, we don't want you to feel mislead. 

On Tuesday, March 12, 2024, MASN/MASN2 moved to our Ultimate TV package. This channel move is part of our new programming agreement with the owners of MASN and is one of the ways we’re working to ensure we're offering a wide variety of content at the best value.

You will see a Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee reduction and one-time credit for MASN/MASN2 will automatically be applied to your account for the billing cycle starting on April 20, 2024.

We apologize for the inconvenience and if you would like us to look into upgrade options, please let us know.

2 Messages

@XfinityAlyssaA​ The whole point is that I wanted to cut the price of my bill and still get baseball, hence downgrading over the winter as I stated above. 

You do realize that by MASN/MASN2 only being available on your most expensive package now, that you are not in fact ensuring that you're “offering a wide variety of content at the best value”. You have just reduced that variety and increased the price. But thanks for the corporate non-answer. 

1 Message

5 months ago

Agree 1,000%  yet another money grab by Xfinity.  My bill has already increased by 46% in 2 years.  Now they want THIS!

Official Employee

• 

781 Messages

@user_gyuzs7, thank you for using the Community Forums. I understand the importance of service fitting within your budget and would be happy to look into your account options to ensure we maximize the value you are receiving.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here