U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, March 30th, 2021 2:22 AM

Closed

Wrong time displaying on cable box

The wrong time is displayed on the cable box. Is there anyway to fix this? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

3 years ago

How far off? Is it X1 or a legacy? X1 itself keeps horrible time and it is not unusual for the on-screen time to be 1-2 minutes or more behind.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

It’s 1 hour behind.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Any help is appreciated! Comcast is saying they have no idea

Problem Solver

• 

741 Messages

3 years ago

Well, the "obvious" answer is, it didn't adjust for Daylight Saving Time. I would say, "See if there is a setting somewhere to handle this," but I don't think settings available through Xfinity's menus affect the box itself. (A lot of X1 boxes don't have visible clocks.)

Do you know a specific model number of yor cable box? Maybe there's a manual somewhere online that can solve the problem.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

It’s a RNG200N model

Problem Solver

• 

788 Messages

@ Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your time displaying incorrectly on your cable box. I know how frustrating it can be to walk past that digital clock and see the incorrect time. There are times that it was the only clock in my home that we relied on. The following steps should help you to adjust the time on the front display on your cable box. 

To Set Up Your Clock Display

1. Press Menu twice on your silver Comcast remote control.
  2. Select Setup.
  3. Select Cable Box Setup.
  4. Use the arrows on the remote to select Current Time under Front LED Display.
  5. Press OK/Select on the remote.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

That didn’t fix it the Time is displaying it’s just one hour behind. How can I reset the time. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

I'm sorry @user_91ee6e that didn't fix the time for you! We may need to send your TV box an updated signal to have this corrected. Please send us a chat message with your name, and service address. The Peer to Peer chat icon is located at the top right of the Community Forum page, clicking on the chat icon will allow you to initiate a chat conversation with us directly. Please ensure you are sending your message to our 'Xfinity Support' handle.

Thank you!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here