F

Sunday, September 24th, 2023 11:24 PM

Closed

Wrong NFL game fox

I got the Chiefs game for the first half on Fox. At halftime I suddenly have the Cowboys game on the same channel. Streaming shows that KTVU should be the chiefs game, but actually watching the game shows the cowboys. What is the deal? I’m in the region for the Chiefs game. Please fix this issue. 

Problem Solver

• 

764 Messages

1 year ago

Chiefs were ahead 34-0 at halftime. In some situations, a "blowout" game will switch to another game. I am not entirely sure on the details, but I think one of the rules is, the station has to wait until halftime. Also, I am under the impression that it is Fox or the NFL that makes the decision to switch games - not the station. Note that KTVU would not be allowed to switch away from a 49ers game at all; in fact, if it's the second game of a doubleheader, Fox would have to start airing it when it starts, even if the first game of the doubleheader was in overtime.

Except for whatever cities the NFL considers Chiefs or Bears "regular" cities, pretty much everybody that started with the Chiefs-Bears game was switched to the Cowboys game at some point.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

We're sorry to hear about the Chiefs game being switched over to the Cowboys game at halftime @Falconstryker. Have you previously experienced this issue before? Were you given any announcement or notification the game was being switched over? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here