G

7 Messages

Sunday, May 26th, 2024 3:16 PM

Why the Sports & Entertainment Pack?

I could never understand the reason for this special package. Why can’t it just be included with Ultimate TV, which I have? Do they really think that people would be willing to pay an extra $10 a month for channels that really should be included with the other packages such as CMT and TCM. Why did those have to get moved to the Sports & Entertainment Package?

Problem Solver

• 

763 Messages

4 months ago

The reason the Sports & Entertainment pack exists is, Xfinity doesn't want to have to pay the channel providers for each person in whatever package it would be put in, as the cost would almost certainly be passed on to the people who have that package, very few of whom would ever watch any of the channels on it. By putting them in a separate package like this, the number of people who actually get each channel is lower, so the amount Xfinity pays out is also lower.

1 Message

So why did I have to sign up for the more sports and entertainment package when I already have all those sports channels except Redzone. Why don’t you just charge for red zone and make it clear because that’s what this is all about! Xfinity is so frustrating to get an answer. Your bots don’t work they’re stupid. 

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

16 days ago

I agree with you Gw1594. I use to have those other channels on my plan and they were removed and sent to the Sports and Entertainment package. I have friends that never watch sports! Why should they have to get a package that has sports channels they will never watch! Xfinity will not change this either! This is why so many people just gave up and cancelled their cable and only stream! I will probably do the same in the next couple of years.     

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

@Laurie3101​ Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Forums. We regularly review our channel lineups and sometimes make changes to ensure we're offering a wide variety of content at the best value. As part of those regular reviews, channels can get moved to ensure we can continue to bring content at an affordable price. 

You can learn more about it here, and also be kept up to date if any changes to programming may be happening in the future: https://www.xfinity.com/howitworks/

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here