U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, July 11th, 2021 1:41 PM

Closed

Why isn't ION television in HD

Why don't we have ION Television in HD?  I pay for HD and it's in the group of channels that is supposed to be in HD, but it not.

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

3 years ago

@user_a19c56 Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out. ION TV is available in HD in some markets. I would be happy to look into this to see if you should be getting the channel in HD.

Can you please reach out through private message (by clicking on the chat icon on the top right of the page) with your first and last name, name on the account if different, and service address?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

3 years ago

ION is a broadcast network carried by a local TV station. Comcast just passes on what is aired. If the local station doesn't have it in HD, then Comcast will not have it. Do you know what station it is, or can give you general location (city/state.)

Also, be careful which channel you use. Some boxes will not auto-tune to HD if you type in an SD channel number.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I'm in Franklin,Tn. and I've got the same problem....................

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same problem in Franklin,Tn.......................................

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

3 years ago

As noted, ION is a broadcast network. It looks like you are near Nashville and should be getting it via WNPX. It looks to be broadcasting in HD per Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WNPX-TV

From what I can see, it's either 17 or 1028. The station may not have an agreement to pass on the HD, unless the HD is only on 1028.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here