U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, August 24th, 2024 6:30 PM

Why is Paramount+ so bad? I can't tell if it's an Xfinity thing or a Paramount thing?

All of my other streaming services work fine except for Paramount+ using Xfinity cable provider.  I am thinking about just cancelling Xfinity cable and going all streaming for my viewing needs, would save me a bundle and I think I might be able to get Paramount+ to work without the Xfinity interference and buffering etc.  I cancelled Paramount+ a month ago and am now wishing I had it back in working order and maybe it's time to cancel Xfinity and try Paramount+ again.  Any others with this experience that can share?   

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

19 days ago

user_0078d0 Thanks for reaching out! There are a few ways to try an isolate an issue. For example, are you trying the Paramount+ on other devices? Connected and not connected to your in-home network? Are you having any other connectivity concerns or only for the Paramount+? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityEva​ I was only trying on my TV connected to my Xfinity cable box - that is the only place I watch shows.  I tried a variety of fixes found on the web and the forums.  Seems many people are having issues with Paramount+. The lag made shows completely unwatchable.  A 1 hour episode of Billions would take 90 minutes due to buffering and lag.  The irony is that I had complained about a variety of Comcast/Xfiniy issues some time ago and was offered Showtime free for all of my troubles with the service.  Trying to utilize the free goodwill gesture offered to me drove me nuts with the buffering - now I'm just waiting to find a suitable alternative to Xfinity.   

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for sharing that. There is a similar known issue with the  Paramount+ app. The alternative would be to watch on a different device until this is resolved. 

This is the known issue:

We’re aware that some customers may experience video playback issues with the Paramount+ app (or the MAX app) through Xfinity TV Boxes. These issues include, but are not limited to, buffering, crashing, and error messages, including APPS-04036.

This is not an issue with the Xfinity network or our equipment. It’s due to the memory requirements of the apps.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thanks for the info - I don't watch on other devices - I don't want to pay for a service I can not use.  I cancelled Paramount+ with Showtime.  I find it odd that the Paramount+ app has memory issues that makes their service unwatchable but the other 6 subscriptions I have do not (MAX, AppleTV, Hulu, etc. etc.). Finally, a cursory review of the problem on the internet reveals that this issue has been going on for some folks dating back years - sounds like Paramount is not ready for primetime and customers suffer.  I'm done with them and cancelled. 

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

@user_0078d0 We appreciate your time in reaching out regarding this concern, I understand that you have cancelled the Showtime with Paramount+. Before you had done so, had you tried going to the Paramount+ site and creating an account using your Xfinity username and password? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

vinesjh Thank you for your feedback. We would recommend going here (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-clear-cookies-and-local-data-storage) and clear out locally stored data to see if it will assist in Paramount Plus operating correctly.

2 Messages

15 days ago

I have a similar issue I cannot get my Paramount+ showtime app to work at all? though it is included in my 3 premium channel bundle????, no error message i click on start watching and i goes back to the first page, Ive called twice and that has been useless????

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here